Author Topic: Kirkland Nature's Domain food..  (Read 2733 times)

Offline RattusNorvegicus

• Posts Too Much!
Kirkland Nature's Domain food..
« on: March 16, 2013, 10:40:50 PM »
Turkey meal & sweet potato grain free food

The ingredients are listed here: http://www.naturesdomainpetfood.com/about-natures-domain/natures-domain-turkey-meal-and-sweet-potato-formula-for-dogs

Is this a good food? Bat is allergic to grains, which is why she needs a grain free food. My dad buys her food, so I think for now this is the best price range wise that I can find. Eventually I want to start feeding her fresh food along with a high quality kibble, but I can't at the moment.

Offline Amanda

Re: Kirkland Nature's Domain food..
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/natures-domain-dog-food/

This is a great site, you can read that and decide for yourself as well as look up any other foods you have in mind. It's a four star food according to them, so it's not as good as Acana and Wellness, but those are much pricier. I think for the price it's a goodfood.

Have you guys tried Taste of the Wild? Because that's even better and is relatively inexpensive as well. My dog does great on it and has never had any problems. There's also Blue Buffalo, my dog personally didn't like it and it didn't agree with her, but I've never heard anyone else having issues with it. Hope this helps. =]

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 11:45:08 PM »
I had issues with blue buffalo. My dog lost a lot of weight and she picked all the blue bits out and spit them out on the floor. lol

Offline RattusNorvegicus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 12:24:41 AM »
Thank you Amanda! After reading that I am more comfortable to feed her this. I may look into another food in the future but I think for now this should do. I eventually want to start making her healthy fresh dinners (meat, carrots, green beans..) I wonder if that would be good too?

Offline A_STEW

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 02:42:10 AM »
This costco brand is TOTW, just repackaged. They are made by the same company, and contain the same ingredients. The costco kind has slightly less protein, but overall I would think it is just as good as TOTW, and a much more affordable option.

Offline RattusNorvegicus

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 02:46:53 AM »
Wow, good to know!

Offline Amanda

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 11:29:07 AM »
I'm definitely not an expert in this, but I do feel that, when researched well, there's no better option than raw. I've just never been in a place where I could feed it. There are differingi opinions of course, that's just my opinion. :)