Author Topic: Abby, the snake hunter  (Read 880 times)

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Abby, the snake hunter
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:34:47 AM »
Neal and I were gone for the weekend and were driving home yesterday.  Our son sent a text message to me about some excitement they had just experienced.  Abby found a little snake in the house!

Jason was upstairs and could hear Abby hissing downstairs, so he looked over the rail of the loft and could see her staring at her scratch box, and peeking around the end of the scratch box was the tail of a snake.  Jason wasn't sure what kind it was so he hurried downstairs to try getting Abby away from it and get the snake outside.  He said the snake was about 7 inches long, and he figured it was harmless.  Abby kept getting in the way while Jason tried to get the snake outside, so Abby was put into the bathroom.  That poor snake was worried about Abby coming back.  It kept raising its head looking around for her and was heading for the backdoor so it was fairly easy to convince it to go outside.

We aren't sure how it got in the house, but I figure it was able to make it under the door.  I wish Jason had been able to take a picture of it so I could try figuring out what kind it was, but he was more worried about getting it back outside.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: Abby, the snake hunter
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 12:04:24 PM »
At least you can be relatively certain it won't try to get back in!   :yelcutelaugh: