Author Topic: He needs toys!  (Read 1167 times)

Offline SilverTycho

• Posts Too Much!
He needs toys!
« on: May 15, 2013, 05:29:31 PM »
Tycho is a year old now, but he's just getting crazier. It starts around 5am when he starts darting around the house. He's nearly broken quite a few things including the bf's laptop he knocked to the floor when flying across the desk.

So, I've been waking up right before dawn and exercising the cat. I do the same throughout the day. I've had plenty of cats and none were like this. He runs and dives at speeds I've never seen from a cat. So, I play with him intensely throughout the day starting around 5am until I wear him out. It seems to be working since all he's destroyed in the past few days is an ethernet cable which can be fixed. Anyway, the bf joined Amazon Prime earlier this year so he's bought Tycho more toys.

This is his Trixie Activity Center. He's more toy driven than treat driven so I figured I'd get an interactive way to get treats. He's a pro. The older cat couldn't care less, though. However, he will steal Tycho's treat after Tycho does the work ;)

Since he loved the activity center, I got him another puzzle toy.

Then, here are random pics of him playing

Erin

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
Re: He needs toys!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »
Smart boy!  Glad you're finding stuff that helps.  This is why I get lazy older cats.   :yelcutelaugh:

Offline MiserySmith

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 02:57:05 PM »
I have one cat whos always more active than the others, always taking their toys, zooming around, always ahead of everyone. The only thing that can tire him out properly is a laser light and a hallway. I just make him run around for a while.
"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?"-
Edgar Allan Poe

Offline SilverTycho

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 08:17:30 PM »
I have one cat whos always more active than the others, always taking their toys, zooming around, always ahead of everyone. The only thing that can tire him out properly is a laser light and a hallway. I just make him run around for a while.

Yep, same here. The laser light is my best friend. That and his wire "cat dancer".
Erin