Author Topic: Crochet Fundraiser for a Rescued Rattie  (Read 722 times)

Offline lessthansign3

• <3
Crochet Fundraiser for a Rescued Rattie
« on: May 27, 2013, 09:37:26 PM »
As documented here, I recently rescued a couple of girls off of Craigslist who are in poor shape. One of them, Lavinia, has an injured eye that requires veterinary attention. I won't post the picture of her here because it's pretty icky, but if you want to see her, click the link above. What remains of her eye is shriveled up and hanging outside of her eyelids. It needs to be removed and the area cleaned up.

Unfortunately, I've been hit with a lot of vet bills lately from other pets. It was a poor time for me to take these girls in, but I couldn't just leave them. Lavinia's eye was also MUCH worse than the man on Craigslist had originally described it. There are no dedicated rat rescues in this area - it was either I take them in, or I let them stay in a terrible home and hope somebody else would.

So, to raise money for her care, I'm furiously crocheting hammocks and goodies to sell here! :) I'm very new to the selling of hammocks, so I'm taking a stab in the dark on pricing here, especially since crochet is a little different than sewn fleece.

Anyway, here's the first set!

Made from cotton yarn, a single crochet stitch with designated holes in the corners for looping through hooks to hang. The larger one is 11" x  9", the other is about 9.5" x 9.5" - although crochet, even a tight single crochet, has some give to it, so these will stretch under the weight of the rats. You'll find cotton is a lot easier to clean than acrylic, too, and they look nicer after the first wash.

I'm asking $12 for both hammocks plus $3 for shipping.

More hammocks (or tubes, or whatever I come up with) to come - this is just the start! :)