Author Topic: Would the single ferret nation be am upgrade to my current cage?  (Read 2153 times)

Offline BlackBirdSeesYou

This is the cage I have now:

http://www.petmountain.com/show_product/11442-509553/?utm_source=bizrate&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=11442-520708&utm_campaign=PPC

I know, it's small, that's why I'm looking to get a larger cage. With my $100, I originally planned on getting a used double ferret nation off Craigslist.

Though so far, the only response I've gotten was someone looking to sell their single ferret nation. First off, would the sinlge ferret nation fit my two ferrets comfortably?

If so, would it neccessarily be an upgrade to my current cage? My current cage is taller though the single ferret nation is much wider than it, so I'm having trouble telling whether it'd be better or the same as the cage I have now.
"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not
himself find peace." - Albert Schweitzer

the kids:

Opie the beagle/jack russel
Kurt and Eddie the rats
Marilyn and Puck the ferrets

Offline eyohkay

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rattie Tattie Rescue
Re: Would the single ferret nation be am upgrade to my current cage?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »
I personally would hang on to that $100 and just be patient.  The cage you have no is by no means small, but if you're patient, you should be able to snag a DFN or DCN eventually.

Offline BlackBirdSeesYou

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 05:36:37 PM »
Thanks, I think I will. I asked the person with the single FN if they'd reconsider the price of $100, but they said the price was fair and they would not budge on it. Sheez. The people here in South Carolina are so cheap.
"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not

the kids:

Kurt and Eddie the rats

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:17:30 AM »
I've seen DFNs go up for sale in Upstate SC fairly frequently (that's where I'm from originally so I look whenever I'm going down to visit my Mom.) Definitely hold out and keep an eye out. Figure out how far you're willing to travel too - sometimes people will knock prices if you agree to come and pick up. I got a Feisty Ferret for $85 instead of $100 since I drove the thirty minutes to get it.

Offline BlackBirdSeesYou

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2013, 10:24:32 AM »
Alright, thanks. I'll definitely be waiting to find either a DFN/CN or a Feisty Ferret.

the kids:

Kurt and Eddie the rats

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 10:28:35 AM »
Your cage now is basically the same size as a single cn/fn and fine for 2 ferrets

Offline BlackBirdSeesYou

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 10:37:04 AM »
No, the cage I have now is not suitable for two ferrets. It's very flimsy and my male can barely fit through the slides... I know I need an upgrade to this cage though I just didn't know if the single would be any better.

the kids:

Kurt and Eddie the rats

Offline BlackBirdSeesYou

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 08:47:51 PM »
Yes! I finally found one and it just arrived today. It's beautiful. I would post pictures though this old piece of crap that I call a computer won't let me upload them.

the kids:

Kurt and Eddie the rats