Author Topic: EVO food recall  (Read 1418 times)

Offline danadu6

EVO food recall
« on: June 19, 2013, 05:46:56 PM »
EVO food has a recall out. My cats are extremely sensitive to all other foods. I have had the bag of EVO they are eating from now for about 12 days. Both cats are eating/drinking and acting fine.  I would see some signs of Salmonella poisoning by now if their food was contaminated right?   

Offline NullEntropy

Re: EVO food recall
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:03:57 PM »
Make sure that your bag is not one of the recalled ones. They should have serial numbers or product numbers listed.

Offline danadu6

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »
It was a voluntary recall so I was not a particular batch. This is what it says :
"We made this decision in part due to a single positive Salmonella test by the FDA on product manufactured April 3. Normally, this would have resulted in retrieval of product manufactured over just a few days. However, we are taking the additional precautionary measure to recall all products in the marketplace. Our first priority is the wellbeing of the pets we serve."

Offline NullEntropy

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »
Here's a link to the recall: http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm357630.htm?source=govdelivery

so, if your bag expires before 6-10-2014, then it's no good.

Offline danadu6

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 08:58:57 PM »
I have read the recall. It was a voluntary recall. Not everything was contaminated. Talked to the vet today. Said I would have noticed by now if my bag was contaminated.

Offline NullEntropy

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 01:39:19 PM »
It's up to you, but better safe than sorry.

Offline HowlsOfAngels

• Posts Too Much!
  • Did everything just taste purple for a second?
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 02:44:32 PM »
Salmonella rarely effects most pets, just be sure to wash your hands after you handle their kibble and you should be fine.
"Optimus Prime says 'No,' to promiscuos sex." - Alex Murphy

Offline danadu6

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »
Thanks.