Author Topic: What are your cats' favorite toys?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline SilverTycho

• Posts Too Much!
What are your cats' favorite toys?
« on: June 22, 2013, 04:34:03 PM »
I'm trying to get ideas of toys to get the cats. They really like interactive toys like the Trixie treat puzzles and the wire "cat dancer" I use with them. Well, mostly Tycho plays. I have yet to find multiple toys Peru will use (I have maybe one toy he'll use). Tycho already has plenty of mice toys. So, I need ideas!
Erin

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
Re: What are your cats' favorite toys?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 10:23:13 AM »
My cats have so many toys that they fill a large basket. They all seem to prefer one type of toy and none of them the same.

Maynard likes rabbit fur things. His favorite are small fur balls, I tried large ones and he wont play with them. He plays fetch with them. He has some gigantic fur rats that he tosses around and takes it to the water dish to let it have a swim.  :yelcutelaugh:

Frank likes to steal the straw out of your glass and play with it. He also plays with pom poms with sparkly hairs sticking out of them. He usually takes the new ones onto the bed and pulls all the sparkle out so you get to have sparkles stuck to your face when you get up in the morning. The reason you are up is that is when he decides to play with the rest of the pom on the floor of the bathroom making the noise of 3 cats at 6am.

Chesters favorite toy is something that came in a goosemoose christmas card one year. Its a hand sewn european santa ornament. He stole it and I let him play with it since up until then he never played with anything. It has been repaired several times and has since gone missing. Recently I found something else he will play with, they look like lake fish kind of the same shape and weight of the santa thing.

Punk likes crumpled up register receipts. She comes running at the slightest crinkle.

Nikki likes tennis balls. She grabs them with her front feet and tears them up with her back and then pulls all the fuzz off with her teeth. She also likes a cat kong thing that is covered in rip stop nylon and hard. None of the other cats will touch it.

Sidney the cross eyed siamese will only play with this tiny duck decoy thing that is a tiny version of the dogs stuffless duck.

Skinni loved the plastic straps that come on cases of paper. He used to fetch them but since he has had his upper  canine teeth removed he doesnt like to play with things with his mouth because his lips get caught in his teeth all the time.

Molly doesnt play with toys really. She will find some plastic something that fell on the floor to play with.

They all play with yeoww catnip filled things. Well they dont really play with them as much as gnaw and lick them. lol

They also all play with a kong kicker. the drawback is its filled with crinkle so when a cat decides to play with it inn the bedroom in the middle of the night its sure to wake us up. They dont sell them locally so I had to order it online. I dont know if they all are crinkley I would like to find one that isnt.

Offline Marybelle

• Magic Wizard of Everything
  • Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Weird, and proud of it!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 02:59:23 PM »
They're not all crinkly.  I have one that isn't.  It's  Kong Kickeroo.  :)  I got it at Pet Supermarket.  My boys use it for it's intended purpose.  Isis thinks it makes a lovely pillow!   :wink5:

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »
They're not all crinkly.  I have one that isn't.  It's  Kong Kickeroo.  :)  I got it at Pet Supermarket.  My boys use it for it's intended purpose.  Isis thinks it makes a lovely pillow!   :wink5:

When I go to Charlotte I usually make a trip to pet supermarket. Ill have to look closer or ask. The other thing the cats have is a kong wubba but only the great destroyer plays with it.

Offline Eternal Dream

• Posts Too Much!
  • Kelly
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:29:43 PM »
Each of my cats has their own favorite toys.

Pilgor likes these little felt mice I buy at Walmart (I cant' find them anymore). They have feathers for their tail, and have a little jingle bell inside. For some reason he's nuts over those.

Poughkeepsie likes the jingle balls.

Tiffany loved cat nip kickers. basically a long plush tube with cat nip inside. She'd carry that thing around everywhere.

Rabbit fur balls are always a hit. Along with the sparkly pompom balls BUT it's very important to get the 2" or larger! Anything smaller than that do pose a safety hazard!
Fur mice of course, but watch out for the colored ones. For some reason all my cats love to drop them in the water. They either turn the water whatever colored mouse they are, or if you're really lucky they'll pull them from the water and dye all your house. Plastic springs or these plastic squiggly circles.

If you need free toys, milk carton rings. All my cats love those things. I feel so sloppy but I literally pull them off the carton and throw them on the ground  :-X Within seconds it's gone though.
Q-tips for some reason are also really fun for cats.

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
I havent had any problems with the color coming out of the fur balls. They frequently go through the wash.  :doh:

I forgot Mollie's favorite toy. A piece of cat food. lol

My daughters cat loves q-tips. My cats try to eat them so I cant leave them out.

I started to be careful about buying furry mice. I try to buy the hollow plastic ones but ended up with some that were filled and heavier. Maynard chewed one open and the inside was scary. It looked like drywall but figuring it was made in china who knows what toxic waste they were filled with.  :eek:

Offline SilverTycho

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 12:31:55 AM »
I bought some catnip balls that are rabbit fur on etsy, and Tycho loves them!
Erin

Offline HowlsOfAngels

• Posts Too Much!
  • Did everything just taste purple for a second?
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 11:27:55 AM »
When I had my blind kitty she loved the little plastic balls with bells in them, she'd horde them and play fetch with then. On occasion she'd play with a teaser toy, but only if it made enough noise for her to find it; it didn't have to make much noise at all though, less than what a human ear could pick up.
"Optimus Prime says 'No,' to promiscuos sex." - Alex Murphy

Offline BlueSkyGirl12

• One rat... Two rats... Three rats... Okay, whew!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 01:25:06 AM »
He also plays with pom poms with sparkly hairs sticking out of them. He usually takes the new ones onto the bed and pulls all the sparkle out so you get to have sparkles stuck to your face when you get up in the morning.
Because everyone needs to be more sparkly in the morning, lol
Mommy/jungle gym to Missy, Poppy, and Jojo

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 11:28:30 AM »
Abby's favorite toys are her stuffed squirrels.  They are just small little toys that are only $2 at the grocery, but she will toss them around the room, carry them upstairs to the bed to share with us, and Abby will take them into her bed.  But she now has a new toy which is a huge hit!  She got a Cat's Meow for Christmas.

Offline furmommy

• All my children have paws
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2014, 02:32:58 PM »
My cats are very strange LOL, they dont like toys >.< they like cardboard boxes tho haha.
FurMommy to:
6 dogs: Spencer Reid, Charlie Joe, Jase, Molly, Emma Marie & Katie Lynn
2 cats: Flower & Orphan Annie & 4 newborn kittens
5 rats: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Hunkybear and Pudge
3 mice: Charlotte, Jasmine & Josie
2 geckos: Kisses & Tito
1 bearded dragon: Titus

Offline zombies_girl

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 03:35:43 PM »
Hair ties ; milk rings & paper bags