Author Topic: Is /any/ dry food okay?  (Read 1068 times)

Offline NullEntropy

Is /any/ dry food okay?
« on: June 24, 2013, 01:38:38 PM »
For those who are unfamiliar with my other threads, I have two ~10 week old kittens, a male and female. Right now they're currently eating a mix of commercial raw foods and canned foods. I'm interested in potentially adding a dry food into the mix for them to munch on while I'm at work, or while I'm gone all day. I know that dry food is dangerous, specifically for males, but is it safe if it's not their sole diet? The one I've been considering is Orijen cat & kitten. Is that a good dry food?

Any advice is appreciated!

Offline HowlsOfAngels

• Posts Too Much!
  • Did everything just taste purple for a second?
Re: Is /any/ dry food okay?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:21 PM »
Orijen is a pretty good food, here is a chart that I'd highly recommend: http://moredooks.herobo.com/search.php?chart=ferret

Dry food is okay as long as your cats are kept well hydrated, the danger is mainly that dry food can take a toll on a cat's liver if they aren't well hydrated. Because the dry food will be used as a supplement to raw and canned foods it should be fine.
"Optimus Prime says 'No,' to promiscuos sex." - Alex Murphy

Offline trueblue

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »
I wouldn't give any dry food beyond a couple kibbles as treats.

You can leave canned food out as long as your house isn't super hot. It won't go bad in just the time that you are at work.

Offline jaromo99

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 11:31:00 PM »
Yep. Dry food is okay as long as it's not the Only thing they're eating.  Also make sure that the cats stay cool and always have water available.at they're age, it's really important they have the. Best food possible, and I don't know that I'm the best person to get advice from.  Hope I helped.
Mommy to:

Ginny, Rosie, Hermione, Zoey, Pinky, Clom, Raxie, Ian, Mori, Fred, George,Pumpkin, Christmas Tangerine, and River Song