Author Topic: neuter complications advice plz  (Read 866 times)

Offline StarlaBlaze

• Posts Too Much!
neuter complications advice plz
« on: June 28, 2013, 05:54:50 PM »
One of my rescues went in to be neutered on tuesday. Everything went good. Today i noticed it was swollen back there and he doesnt have stitches. There arent any vets open until monday. I have antibiotics on hand. Should i start him on some until i can get him to the vet? If so what would work best?
Cephalexin
Pennicillan
Amoxicillan
Clindamycin
They are all still safe to use not expired.
Isabelle,Ozzy,Mojoe,Spanky,LilyRose,MoJo2, Charlie, Sassy(dogs), Livvie an Ouija (Rats)
Cubby,Luna,MrGrey, Lincoln, Safari, Shadei, Starla, Odyss(cats)  BeBe Girl(Iguana)  Frankie( Bearded dragon)

Offline HowlsOfAngels

• Posts Too Much!
  • Did everything just taste purple for a second?
Re: neuter complications advice plz
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 03:10:18 PM »
Poor thing, is he just swollen, like the area is irritated and inflamed, or is he begining to abscess?

Could you call in to an e-vet to get advice on what to start him on?
"Optimus Prime says 'No,' to promiscuos sex." - Alex Murphy

Offline StarlaBlaze

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 05:13:07 PM »
To me it looks like its starting to abscess but im not completely sure. The only emerg vet we have wont give advice over the phone they always say to bring them in and they are almost 4hrs away.
Isabelle,Ozzy,Mojoe,Spanky,LilyRose,MoJo2, Charlie, Sassy(dogs), Livvie an Ouija (Rats)
Cubby,Luna,MrGrey, Lincoln, Safari, Shadei, Starla, Odyss(cats)  BeBe Girl(Iguana)  Frankie( Bearded dragon)

Offline HowlsOfAngels

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »
Aw, I'm sorry to hear about your pups unfortunate situation. Maybe try a cold compress, to reduce swelling, and start him on a low dose of amoxicilin untill you can get him into the vet. If you have some canine safe pain killers I'm sure he'd appreciate a dose of that as well.

Offline StarlaBlaze

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
I have some dog post-op pain meds for him. I have been giving it to him with supper

Offline HowlsOfAngels

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 06:16:05 PM »
How is your boy faring?

Offline StarlaBlaze

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »
He is doing much better :)