Author Topic: Free reign  (Read 1902 times)

Offline madisongrace99

• Ritten
Free reign
« on: July 07, 2013, 09:11:24 PM »
My ferret is pretty good at staying in my room when it's play time. He usually falls asleep under my bed. Would it be safe to let him be during the night while I am sleeping if I leave his litter and food out?

Offline BlackBirdSeesYou

Re: Free reign
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »
As long as there's no chance he can get in your bed (because you could accidentally roll on top of him) or you don't sleep walk, then, I guess, go for it. But don't my word for it completly. Make sure that you ferret proof the room and that there is nothing he can get into or anything.
"Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not
himself find peace." - Albert Schweitzer

the kids:

Opie the beagle/jack russel
Kurt and Eddie the rats
Marilyn and Puck the ferrets

Offline RatNook

• Posts Too Much!
  • Never judge from the outside.
Re: Free reign
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:24:01 PM »
I would be very cautious, as they will get into  the weirdest and hidden spaces, especially if you can't watch him. They can get into the box springs of bed from underneath (the only thing stopping them is a thin piece of fabric that can easily be torn) and get crushed and killed. For the safety of the ferret, unless you can make sure he can't get anywhere unsafe, which is almost impossible, I would keep him in a cage when you are not there to watch or supervise him. He will also probably get bored and with you being there but not giving him attention, he will make his own fun, which could consist of some very dangerous or damaging things.
~Alyssa