Author Topic: *Homer Glen IL/ Southwest Chicago Suburbs* Baby dumbos in need of homes!!!  (Read 1715 times)

Offline xxmary

Hello everyone.
So I'm taking on a challenge..I have been in contact with somebody who had an accidental litter. I do not know much about the situation as of right now, but will hopefully know more tomorrow. I just wanted to get their info out ASAP. The current owner needs to rehome them now or will otherwise need to give the rats to a pet store that would possibly sell as feeders.

Here is what I know:
There are two adults (mom and dad) and 12 little ones that are roughly a month old. All are supposedly dumbos, but the current owner has not been able to sex them yet. All appear to be in good health.

I am also unaware of colors but will post pictures as soon as possible. I will be picking the up tomorrow evening. If anybody is interested in adopting a little one and/or the father please let me know. I'll most likely be keeping the mom. I already have five girls of my own, so really shouldn't have many more.  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Also, if anyone wants to give me additional advice feel free to message me. I will sex the babies as soon as I get them and will try to figure out an exact birth date so I can separate at five weeks. I'm going to order some high protein HT for the babies and mom. Unfortunately, I do not have another house to quarantine in, but will keep them as far from my current rats as possible and will not handle one group after the other without washing up. Not ideal, but I simply can't stomach letting these guys end up in a bad situation.

Thanks and wish me luck! I'll post more info as soon as I can.

Offline xxmary

***Pictures coming in next post*
Okay..Update on the ratties. Still don't have a lot of background information- the previous owner did not tell me much. When I picked up the rats, the mom was in with all of her babies and the dad was in a separate cage.  They were being fed cat food and had no type of litter in their cage,,which was a rabbit cage (I have no idea how they didn't escape..) When I got home and looked closer, it turned out there was another mature male in with the mom and the babies.  :doh: Let's hope she's not pregnant again, but I know it's very possible.

There are three baby girls and nine baby boys. However, I'm thinking these may have been two separate litters. I say this because the male that was in with the mom appears to be a double rex and the other male is not. The babies that look like they are also double rex seem are slightly smaller (not much) than the others. I was originally going to leave all of the babies with the mom, but I am unaware of their exact ages so I immediately separated males from females. From what I can see, the babies are independent enough to be away from her.

I am shocked at how friendly and social all of these rats are. I expected them to be skittish, but they are love bugs. All seem healthy so far.

These guys all need homes!!! Please reply or message me if you think you would like to adopt some. 

Offline xxmary

I was originally going to do separate pictures of them all but that became difficult..so for now, most are group pictures.

Here are all of the males together..you can see the but of one adult males and the double rex adult male in the front.

More male babies.

Another male baby

One of the male babies who looks like he may be double rex?

Baby girl

Mom and another baby girl

Offline xxmary

**Update: All 3 baby girls have been adopted and two baby males are on hold. Still many babies needing a home!**

Offline xxmary

***Update: 2 more baby males have been put on hold. There are 2 regular coated baby males and 3 hairless left. Still many babies AND the two fathers needing a home!!!***

Offline xxmary

All of the babies have been adopted but the dads REALLY need homes too! They are big sweethearts!

Offline xxmary

These adult males realllly need homes! They are amazing guys. It's so sad to see all of the babies gone and have them be unwanted. I would keep them myself but just really shouldn't have 8 rats!  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline Nikki_Lovins-these-RATS

do they still need a home?
Loving Family members our Rats... Arrow,Cheddar , Remy, Gizmo, Bear-back, and Gracie LOO:) us rat sreally love all our kids and their totally awesome toys they have Millions! Our main mom is when we get our cuddle time, We just love watching her type on GM, we try to catch her fingers LOL:)

Offline Nikki_Lovins-these-RATS

I am not sure what is going on with the IM but if you are sending messages I am not getting them :( We have one male and one female right now don't worry no breeding and they are in separate cages and separate rooms in the house. They are both older and their roommates have passed away :( So we wanted to add to our home before we are down to none! :( What is your adoption process? 
Loving Family members our Rats... Arrow,Cheddar , Remy, Gizmo, Bear-back, and Gracie LOO:) us rat sreally love all our kids and their totally awesome toys they have Millions! Our main mom is when we get our cuddle time, We just love watching her type on GM, we try to catch her fingers LOL:)

Offline xxmary

You can mail me at maryschuttler@yahoo.com if you still are not receiving messages. :)

( sorry there are two topics going now. I thought this original one was gone so I started a new one for just the males!)

Offline FrauleinAsh

• Peek a boo!
I would do almost anything in the world for a double rex male right now. As of right now, it has been a mere 6.5 hours since my ambiguously pink duo is a duo no more. These two brothers were inseparable. Ivan is devastated, depressed, and all alone. Its killing me.

I live in Oak Lawn, 95th/Ridgeland area on the SW side. And you have just been PM'd.

Pets name: Meeper
Adopt your own!

Offline FrauleinAsh

• Peek a boo!
Oh ... I'm sorry, I hadn't read that they were all gone.

Pets name: Meeper
Adopt your own!