Author Topic: How to take apart Comfort Wheel?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline skykoi

How to take apart Comfort Wheel?
« on: August 16, 2013, 01:02:53 AM »
Does anyone know how I'm supposed to take this thing apart? o___O! I don't get it.... :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline JDBird

Re: How to take apart Comfort Wheel?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 11:56:02 PM »
You can just pop the thing off the stand by lifting it up and holding the stand down.  If you are talking about the knob on the back, that does not remove unless it's busted!!  To attach it to the side of the cage, you hold the "handle" vertically between two cage bars, and then turn it to a horizontal position, so the two grooved grips on the knob attach to both cage bars. 
If you want to take the knob off for some reason, you can maybe yank it off.  Mine has recently started coming out because the glue stuff is wearing down and my girls are running that wheel to its grave!  I can just pull it out but have to push it back in frequently or else the wheel will fall while they are running.

Offline AstridBeatrix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 02:57:58 PM »
I just got a Comfort Wheel...and the directions said to pull out the middle knob if you wanted to attach it to the cage.  By accident, I sliced open my thumb while trying to take it off....and I don't advise doing so.  Leaving it on the stand in my cage wasn't an option since it would always knock down if my girls ran too fast.  (Hence, I am changing back to my Silent Spinner if I find another one! They are my favorite.)
Current bubs: Trogdor the Ratinator, Tofu, Spoons and Bradley

Winston, Nyssiri, Phoebe, Ljubica, Freya, Kizonhe, Astrid, Beatrix and O'Xana Play hard!

Offline Vonda Z

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ratropolis: Life with Rats
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »
Hence, I am changing back to my Silent Spinner if I find another one!

Amazon usually sells the 12" Silent Spinner for somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 with Prime eligible shipping. That is a much better deal than Petco, which sells them for about $30. However, you can't pick your color from Amazon (although our Petco usually only has one of the 12" variety in stock at a time, so you don't really get to pick your color there, either). I see that an Amazon marketplace vendor is selling it for $4.36 with $5.49 shipping - so about $10 - but I at that price, I am not sure I trust a marketplace vendor to ship the right item - it seems like a mistake.

Offline Vibrissa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 09:38:34 AM »
I have a brand new Silent Spinner for sale for $10  never used.  Ended up not needing it.  Cost $20--bought about a month ago.  Lime green and white!

Offline TrendyK9

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 11:48:13 PM »
Amazon usually sells the 12" Silent Spinner for somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 with Prime eligible shipping. That is a much better deal than Petco, which sells them for about $30.

In store price is actually $38, i think. But Petco will price match, even online prices now. At least they're supposed to. You just have to ask. I just bought the 12" silent spinner for their online price of $19.99. Just for anyone who is interested....

Offline Vibrissa

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2018, 01:11:45 PM »
I have a brand new Silent Spinner for sale for $10  never used.  Ended up not needing it.  Cost $20--bought about a month ago.  Lime green and white!