Author Topic: Angora ferret?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline gawgeouspaws

Angora ferret?
« on: October 06, 2013, 03:59:40 AM »
I've heard of ferrets called "angora ferrets", which I know means it has longer fur, judging from what I know of angora hamsters and rabbits and such. I've seen pictures and they're positively gorgeous. Does anyone have one? I just want to see some pictures of these fabulous little guys. ;D
currently snuggling mario
rip henrietta, penelope, and angus
came back to this forum again as of 1/23/2017

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Angora ferret?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 12:11:10 PM »
Angora ferrets are the result of genetic mistakes so there aren't very many of them out there. From what I understand, many of them can have health problems due to the gene that causes the longer fur.

I think there are a few people on the American Ferret Association Facebook group that have Angora ferrets though.

Offline gawgeouspaws

Re: Angora ferret?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 12:31:05 PM »
Thank you! :) I was just curious, seeing as ferrets are such cute little buggers. I wouldn't mind some myself, but my parents have capped my pets at the two girly rats, just because they don't want to be stuck with a pet of mine that I can't take with me when I leave for college. Frankly, I don't blame them. Anyways, the angora ferrets are positively gorgeous, and thank you so much for replying. ;D
currently snuggling mario
rip henrietta, penelope, and angus
came back to this forum again as of 1/23/2017