Author Topic: RIP Raven  (Read 1251 times)

Offline LotusWolf

• Posts Too Much!
  • Save a life, or two, or three. Adopt an animal.
RIP Raven
« on: November 28, 2013, 10:28:47 AM »
Raven was my first dog. When I moved out of my mom's house when I was 19, she kept my 3 dogs, including Raven. Raven bonded with mom so much that she may as well have been hers, but she was really both of ours. Raven had to be put down yesterday. A couple months ago she had surgery to remove a tumor on her back leg. Two days ago she took a major turn for the worse. Her organs were being eaten alive with cancer. I was hoping that I'd get to see her next year when I went back to NC to visit my family but that's gone now.  :(

RIP Sweet Raven. You were loved so so much. You were my first dog and were supposed to be my Valentine's Day present but I went to school so much you bonded with mom more. I was okay with that. You were still the smartest girl ever. When we'd had you for two weeks and I shouted 'Bang!' at you for the first time, you fell over immediately though no one had ever taught you that before.

You watched too many crime shows with mom. You were so vocal that most dogs and people were scared of you. Your growls were happy growls and I remember calling you my little motorcycle engine. You knew how to take the lid off a sealed peanut butter jar, you destuffed every squeaker and stuffed you got after Blue Bear (you kept that bear a year before you destuffed him and acted sad that you didn't have him anymore), and you helped me learn Pringles cans peel like biscuit cans when a dog rips them open.You learned words far too quickly for any other dog. You knew out, in, Peggy, bath, scratch, and a slew of other words. Even when we started spelling them you picked up within a week.

You knew how sit back, speak, lay down, shake, play dead. I always told you dead dogs don't growl because you'd lay there growling at me til I gave you a treat, thumping your tail against the ground the whole time. Raven, you growl all you want on the other side of that Rainbow Bridge. I'm finally letting myself miss you and cry after being strong the last couple of days.I love you old girl.  :heart:

:angel13:

Offline liza

• Posts Too Much!
  • once upon a time my heart got stolen by rats
Re: RIP Raven
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 09:42:17 PM »
I am so sorry for your loss. What a gorgeous angel she is now and with a heart full love your love!

It is clear from the twinkle in her eyes how loved she is. She will always be your special angel.  :heart: :heart: :heart:
Currently owned by Jasper,Gopher,Anabelle+Anastasia,Donut+Vivian+Franklin+Guido+Round1+Round2 babies, Dot+Orca,Marie+Rene+Nicola,Libbie,Annie,Melanie+Espresso (rats).Velvet+Dancer (bunnies).Porcellina+Skunk (pigs).Cercira (hamster) and Bandit (dog).
Our angels in heaven, we will always love you!

Offline BlueSkyGirl12

• One rat... Two rats... Three rats... Okay, whew!
Re: RIP Raven
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 02:37:42 PM »
I'm so sorry about Raven. She sounds like she was a wonderful dog, and had a wonderful life  :heart:
Mommy/jungle gym to Missy, Poppy, and Jojo