Author Topic: Emergency in Ames, Iowa  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Pamnangel

• Posts Too Much!
  • Stand for something or you stand for nothing!
    • Pam's Petsitting
Emergency in Ames, Iowa
« on: December 27, 2013, 12:18:18 PM »
On twitter I've recently met a woman who could be me. Hard working, health issues, devoted 12 years of her life to caring for her mother. She's now living in a Motel 8, but only for a few more days. Friends have pitched in what they can and, last I checked, her room is paid until the 1st. After that she'll be living in her car with 2 elderly cats while trying to cope with lupus in freezing weather. She's at her wits end. The shelters are all full and they don't allow pets anyway. She won't give up Buddy and Freddie. They're all she has left since her mom died.
Is there anyone in the Ames, Iowa area who could help her out. She just needs a safe place for her and the boys so she can get back on her feet or, at the very least, someone to foster her cats.
Pam
Pam's Petsitting
AuntiePamsPantry/Etsy
ElderRat Care Center
Roseville, CA

Offline Pamnangel

• Posts Too Much!
  • Stand for something or you stand for nothing!
    • Pam's Petsitting
Re: Emergency in Ames, Iowa
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 12:22:09 AM »
Before leaving to care for her mother, she worked in the television industry. Video editor for shows on NBC & HGTV. She's willing to relocate pretty much anywhere. Just needs someplace where she and her cats (11 & 14) can stay together while she finds work and rebuilds her life. Of course, with the holidays most agencies are closed. I expect it'll be at least Tuesday before she can expect to hear from any of those resources. We were able to get hold of a couple pastors and got her some groceries, cat food & litter, but she could still use some more donations. Gift cards, gas cards, etc... I'm trying to find some folks who can afford to help out with another days rent at the motel. So far shes still only paid through tuesday night. Super 8 has been real nice to her and are accepting cc donations over the phone. Of course, we understand not many people can afford that. Anything at all would help. Maybe a group of people could chip in together? Anyway, any suggestions or donations would appreciated!
Pam
Pam's Petsitting
AuntiePamsPantry/Etsy
ElderRat Care Center
Roseville, CA