Author Topic: Cage Opinions.  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Kitsunee

• Ritten
Cage Opinions.
« on: February 21, 2014, 01:09:32 AM »
In the past I've had a Ferret Kingdom for all my furkids but after rearranging my room I now no longer have room for it anywhere so I'm on the look out for a new cage and came across this.

http://www.vebopet.com.au/other-small-pets/cage-hutch/vebo-4-level-collapsible-cat-ferret-and-small-animal-cage-with-wheels.html#

Measurements are stated as (L) 90cm x (W) 60cm x (H) 195cm.
The ladders are (W) 18cm (L) 64cm

I've been told the middle can be removed to decrease the size of the cage while the kids are young then reattach it
as they grow.

So what are your opinions? I am well aware of the potential drop danger so any ideas or cage improvements are greatly welcome.  :)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
Re: Cage Opinions.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 01:19:29 AM »
bar spacing is over 1" - and says may not be suitable for young ferrets, so most rats would be able to get out.

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 01:25:33 AM »
I think lots of well placed hammocks will eliminate the issues with possible falls.

Offline Kitsunee

• Ritten
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 09:08:00 PM »
I think lots of well placed hammocks will eliminate the issues with possible falls.

That's along the same lines I was thinking too, question is HOW to attach hammocks to each level
since the shelving isn't wire.  ???

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2014, 09:13:09 PM »
You'd have to attach them to the cage itself around the shelves, more or less. like in the space between the ladder and the side of the cage and just stretch the hammock a bit to fit under the shelf. Does that make sense?

Offline Kitsunee

• Ritten
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2014, 10:22:59 PM »
bar spacing is over 1" - and says may not be suitable for young ferrets, so most rats would be able to get out.

So it would be suitable for my fuzz when he grows up then?

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 10:28:33 PM »
Yes. I keep all of mine in a Ferret Nation which is 1" bar spacing and I have no issues with them in it

Offline Kitsunee

• Ritten
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2014, 10:41:07 PM »
Yes. I keep all of mine in a Ferret Nation which is 1" bar spacing and I have no issues with them in it
I have the Australian version called a Ferret Kingdom and the bar spacing is even smaller again but as stated I no longer have room for it so I'm looking for a new cage and this is a collapsible which is a BONUS for me :)

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 12:17:48 AM »

3 Centimeters = 1.18110236 Inches   so it's bigger than 1"

Offline xokendra

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 05:01:47 PM »
I think that cage is nice! I personally don't like wire ladders though as I worry it will hurt their little feet but I'm not sure if thats just me.