Author Topic: New Addition.  (Read 848 times)

Offline Kitsunee

• Ritten
New Addition.
« on: February 24, 2014, 03:55:40 AM »
So on my home from work I had an unexpected surprise I picked myself up a stray along the way, she's a small female and I have the suspicion she may be pregnant, her nipples seem slightly larger and quite pink. Not sure if this means anything but she also weighed in at 3kg with no change to her diet.

If I had to guess based on what I've been reading I would say she might be between the late stages of 3rd week or early stages of 4th week.

Offline littlewolf

• Animals heal a soul faster than anything else
Re: New Addition.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 01:34:52 PM »
try feeling her belly.if it feels like she has little masses,or hisses and wont let you touch it,she may be pregnant.a good way to tell is to get a stethescope and listen to her belly.you will hear multiple weak heartbeats if she is far enough along.

Offline Azusanga

• Master of babies
Re: New Addition.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 11:42:33 AM »
Don't be pressing around too hard though, you don't want to damage the fetuses. What you really need to do is schedule a vet appointment to get her checked over, given a flea and tick medicine (likely), schedule a spay if she isn't pregnant, and get her UTD on her shots. A vet can easily tell you if there's a likelihood if she's pregnant, and prescribe safe medicines for any parasites she may have.
Males:
Sparta, Spice, Titan

Spice is Titan's daddy.