Author Topic: Ferret like...  (Read 2732 times)

Offline samssimonsays3

• "You have not loved until you have loved an animal
    • Milo & Me
Ferret like...
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:28:09 PM »
Ok, so I know she is not a Ferret... but Mona the gray squirrel is very similar to one. I am looking for ideas for hammocks and toys for her to keep her occupied. First off, I am certified to have her with my state. Second, she is NOT a pet but living out her life happily as she has brain damage and is almost fully blind from injuries she sustained from a dog at 3 days old.

http://milome.weebly.com/our-furry-rescues.html
Samantha Schmidt
Owner/Operator at Milo & Me Rabbitry
Author of Children's book Milo & Me

Offline alisonia333

• Posts Too Much!
  • Teddy and Ranger's Mom
Re: Ferret like...
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:59:21 PM »
What an amazing thing you're doing! It's wonderful that she's able to have a life because of you. I'm afraid I don't have any idea what she might like other than acorns, haha, but keep up the good work!

Offline xokendra

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 05:07:31 PM »
That's amazing!

Offline samssimonsays3

• Milo & Me
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 02:55:45 PM »
Thank y'all so much :) what kinds of toys do ferrets and rats enjoy? right now she is not entertained by the cat jingle balls like the rabbits are. :(  She LOVES eating and I am afraid that has become her favorite past time. She waits for her treat and then sleeps. Unless I catch her at the right times during the day, she refuses to come out of her blankets LOL. I am trying to get her to enjoy the company of my little Lop Nash when she is out but right now she just isn't happy sharing "her" room with him.
Samantha Schmidt

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 04:10:20 PM »
My ferrets love anything that makes noise - squeaky dog toys, crinkle balls, crinkle tunnels, blankets, feathered cat toys.

Offline samssimonsays3

• Milo & Me
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 04:13:09 PM »
My ferrets love anything that makes noise - squeaky dog toys, crinkle balls, crinkle tunnels, blankets, feathered cat toys.
   OH she LOVES her blankets too LOL. Bu getting her to like anything else has been a challenge  :BlueDumboBigEyes:
Samantha Schmidt

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 05:03:05 PM »
Is she ferret like in the sense that she doesn't destroy fabric?   Or more rat like in that sense?   My first thought for her was enclosed spaces - tunnels, cubes, cylinders, etc.   

Offline samssimonsays3

• Milo & Me
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 05:08:08 PM »
Is she ferret like in the sense that she doesn't destroy fabric?   Or more rat like in that sense?   My first thought for her was enclosed spaces - tunnels, cubes, cylinders, etc.

She does not destroy fabric as in blankies but She is skittish around her turtle ferret tunnel so I don't know if she likes tunnels maybe it's because it's a turtle? The only time she destroys fabric is when she has hammocks... she wants them all in her blankie wad in the bottom of her cage. I have lined it with fleece and she has had the same fleece since she was brought home with me so she hasn't ruined it. she does love her stuffed toy tho! it is a little teddy bear she carries around and sleeps with.
Samantha Schmidt

Offline *Kat*

• Posts Too Much!
    • Kat's Kreations
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »

She does not destroy fabric as in blankies but She is skittish around her turtle ferret tunnel so I don't know if she likes tunnels maybe it's because it's a turtle? The only time she destroys fabric is when she has hammocks... she wants them all in her blankie wad in the bottom of her cage. I have lined it with fleece and she has had the same fleece since she was brought home with me so she hasn't ruined it. she does love her stuffed toy tho! it is a little teddy bear she carries around and sleeps with.

We need a pict of her carrying/sleeping with teddy

Offline samssimonsays3

• Milo & Me
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2014, 06:35:10 PM »

We need a pict of her carrying/sleeping with teddy

I am too new to be able to post pictures from what I've read. But when i am able to I will for sure!
Samantha Schmidt

Offline samssimonsays3

• Milo & Me
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 09:50:54 AM »
Here is a link to some of her pictures :) I do not know how to upload pics on here...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/109296748020475170602/photos/photo/6001443421391553538
Samantha Schmidt

Offline samssimonsays3

• Milo & Me
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 10:58:20 PM »

Mona
Samantha Schmidt