Author Topic: HELP! Newborn Puppy may need to be Bottle Fed!!  (Read 1562 times)

Offline lovelyg4m3r

• Posts Too Much!
HELP! Newborn Puppy may need to be Bottle Fed!!
« on: May 01, 2014, 05:30:01 PM »
So my  fiance's mother owns three purebred dogs, all variants of the Griffon Bruxellois. Zhara is about 4 now I believe and they wanted to breed her before its to late, she is the best dog they've ever had. She gave birth to one puppy dead, then after two hours of no others (when they knew there were more) they had to rush her 3-4 hours to the vet because its a Holiday today and no one else was open. With assistance they got two more out alive, but one died soon after being born. Then the fourth came dead as well :BlueDumboBigEyes: The one puppy DID survive though. However, due to being born at the vet Zhara seems scared of the pup, she doesn't really wanna take care of it..

I have already informed them that I know Arken Zoo carries puppy milk replacer and stuff behind the counter and they are prepared to bottle feed if necessary, I have bottle fed a few kittens before so I understand the jist of everything that needs to be done but I would love some help on making sure we know everything that needs to be done to keep this little girl alive. Its already hard as is to help since I am on the other side of the globe right now but I am doing everythign I can through writing and verbal communication that I can to help them. HELP!  :puppy_dog_eyes:
My wonderful son: Vincent Jacob
Rats: Timon, Kuzco, Dante and Taz
My beautiful puppies: Charlie and Danger
RIP: Vergil <3 Mommy Misses You
Always in my heart: Snickers, Tootsie, Coriander, and Little Jimmy,

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
Re: HELP! Newborn Puppy may need to be Bottle Fed!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 08:29:38 PM »
You can make your own milk replacer formula. My coworker's dog had a puppy that wasn't suckling well off mom and had to be bottle fed. This formula is similar to the one she used: http://leerburg.com/bottlefeeding.htm. I think hers had 1/2 cup mayonnaise in it too.

Offline lovelyg4m3r

• Posts Too Much!
Re: HELP! Newborn Puppy may need to be Bottle Fed!!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 08:45:01 PM »
Thanks, that had a lot of great info. I don't think his parents will be wanting to make formula if they can buy it but I'll forward this along
My wonderful son: Vincent Jacob
Rats: Timon, Kuzco, Dante and Taz
My beautiful puppies: Charlie and Danger
RIP: Vergil <3 Mommy Misses You
Always in my heart: Snickers, Tootsie, Coriander, and Little Jimmy,