Author Topic: urinary issues/vomiting  (Read 965 times)

Offline fearlessella

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • I have 3 girls!
urinary issues/vomiting
« on: July 19, 2014, 10:34:29 PM »
A few months ago my almost 2 year old male cat got struvite crystals so bad he almost blocked.  After medications and special food for two weeks the crystals were gone.  Excited to be able to put him on a regular dry food again I found that he didn't eat it.  I went through several urinary diets both canned and dry.   He either wouldn't touch them or ate them and vomited.  I then tried regular canned food,  raw and other dry foods.   He refuses dry anymore.   Wouldn't touch the raw.  The pate canned food he always vomits.  The only thing I have gotten him to eat is canned food with gravy.  He had only vomited a few times since being on that.  The food is expensive.   I spend almost $3.00 a day on food for him.  I love him,  but paying to feed him is breaking me.  Anyone have any ideas about other food possibilities?  Thanks!
The Dogs: Macy, Laynee, Roman, Sicili, & Cappy 🐕
The Rats: Astrid,  Imogen,  and Yvaine 🐀
The Cat: Charm, Kitten & foster kittens Mad Hatter & Mad Max!  🐈

So many 4 legged babies are missed.  Alice & Whimsy are the most recent.  ❤

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
Re: urinary issues/vomiting
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 09:04:11 PM »
I know this is a little late but my boy went through the same unitary issues.  He ended up with pancreatitis that snowballed from not liking a food we tried food to just not eating and vomiting.  He had to stay at the vet for several days and have iv.

It was hard on his kidneys as well.

Offline fearlessella

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • I have 3 girls!
Re: urinary issues/vomiting
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 11:02:26 PM »
We did bloodwork.   Everything was fine.   I am spending in the least $1.50 a day to feed him.  I cannot afford this long term, but I don't know what else to do.  He hasn't vomited in at least a few weeks.   I'm actually going to start a new topic because of litter issues now.  Sorry to just reply, I'm just seeing this.
The Dogs: Macy, Laynee, Roman, Sicili, & Cappy 🐕
The Rats: Astrid,  Imogen,  and Yvaine 🐀
The Cat: Charm, Kitten & foster kittens Mad Hatter & Mad Max!  🐈

So many 4 legged babies are missed.  Alice & Whimsy are the most recent.  ❤