Author Topic: Major Rescue in Ohio  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Hey-Fay

• Ritten
Major Rescue in Ohio
« on: July 31, 2014, 09:17:55 PM »
ATTENTION OHIO, MICHIGAN AND INDIANA RESIDENTS!!
Today Rattie Tattie Rescue and the Dayton Humane Society removed 100-200 rats from horrendous conditions in a Dayton apartment. The owner was evicted and the rats were left behind. Rattie Tattie worked with the humane society to move these poor babies from the apartment to a vacant room within the humane society itself; but there's a catch, they only have the room for two weeks.
Arianne Hughes, founder of Rattie Tattie Rescue, says in one of her recent updates:

"We are on our way back from Dayton with 116. Mom had babies while they were pulling and caging the rats for them transport and were eaten or killed by other rats. They were in deplorable conditions in aquariums crawling all over each other. Some running loose and some still in the walls. We have 3 litters and 28 females probably pregnant. We have blind rats, tumors, injuries and a degloved tail.
The media was there asking questions. Please go to our website to donate. Every little bit helps."

Here is a news article about the rescue that happened today:
http://wdtn.com/2014/07/31/200-rats-removed-from-kettering-apartment/

These guys aren't out of the water yet. Not only is their stay at the humane society temporary, but they're also in desperate need of basic necessities such as food, bedding and bigger cages.
Arianna has expressed the need for fosters, adopters and other rescues that can take some in above all else.

IF YOU CAN DONATE PLEASE GO HERE: http://www.rattietattierescue.com

I am working with Rattie Tattie trying to find all the help we can get. I've read the rules and hope I've not broken any; I don't usually frequent this forum so I'm not well versed with the formalities.

If anyone can help in any way please contact me at mamafaysratrescue@gmail.com
We have so many in need and very very little time.

Offline erbusbee

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Major Rescue in Ohio
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 10:23:14 PM »
Sent a little something, best of luck to them.  Hopefully they can hop on some espays to keep the numbers down.  What a mess.   :'(

Offline Hey-Fay

• Ritten
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 04:22:16 PM »
I thank you, they truly need all the help they can get! Currently aside from looking for fosters, we are also looking for people who can train. Right now we're working on finding transportation from Ohio to Minnesota, the Twin Cities to be precise, as a PetSmart is wanting to take around 20 rats and do a adopt-a-thon.
If you or anyone you know could help train would you give them my email or Arianne's email?
Mine is mamafaysratrescue@gmail.com and hers is rattietattierescue@yahoo.com

Again, thank you so much, you've made a huge difference! 

Offline defzeppard

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 05:16:09 PM »
I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area.  I have room for 2 boys.  I would prefer youngish, since my alpha can be rather pushy during intros.  Depending on how close to the WI/Il state line the train comes, and the timing, I may be able to transport to Madison, or a little bit west of Madison.
Mommy to: Four retired lab rats: Skinner, Edward, Nikola, and Tesla
At the Bridge: Nicodemus, Pearcy, Crosby, Ozzy, Montee, Marty, DeMartini, Gizmo, Bandit and Badger

Offline Hey-Fay

• Ritten
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 05:41:16 PM »
I thank you! If you could email Rattie Tattie at rattietattierescue@yahoo.com you can work out the details with her as I do not have them all.

Offline scarletsymphony

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 10:24:57 AM »
I live in Washington court house Ohio. I don't know if I can make it to the rescue, but if we can meet somewhere I'd like to adopt a female and donate a few items :)

Offline Hey-Fay

• Ritten
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 10:20:33 PM »
That shouldn't be a problem! If you could just email me at mamafaysratrescue@gmail.com we can work out the details! Thank you again, we truly appreciate it!

Offline defzeppard

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »
Was just curious if there have been any updates?
Mommy to: Four retired lab rats: Skinner, Edward, Nikola, and Tesla
At the Bridge: Nicodemus, Pearcy, Crosby, Ozzy, Montee, Marty, DeMartini, Gizmo, Bandit and Badger

Offline Hey-Fay

• Ritten
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 04:30:29 AM »
Right now Rattie Tattie is getting the details of the rat train in order.
They've just found and pulled thirty more rats, the majority of which being pregnant females, in the apartment.
We're still in need of fosters, adopters, transport and basic necessitys such as food, bedding, water bottles and cages.
If you'd like to help out in any way please email Arianne at rattietattierescue@yahoo.com or myself at mamafaysratrescue@gmail.com

Offline Hey-Fay

• Ritten
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 07:34:36 PM »
Arianne has posted where the rat train is going!! If you are in any of these states or adjoining states and want to foster or adopt, please fill out a adoption application on Rattie Tattie's webpage, http://www.rattietattierescue.com so we can work out how to get these little guys and gals to you!!

Offline Hey-Fay

• Ritten
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 12:37:16 AM »
We have new updates! Here's the specifics, if you or someone you know wants to foster or adopt and are in these areas, please notify myself at mamafaysratrescue@gmail.com or Arianne at rattietattierescue@yahoo.com

Offline arianaburns

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2014, 10:11:25 PM »
My husband and I were in Dayton this past weekend and I tried to go by to see the ratties on Sunday, unfortunately, we didn't make it there before they closed at 2 :( I was so bummed! Keep us updated on the babies
1.0 husband (Nick)~1.0 boxer (Jackyl)~0.1 shih tzu (Maggie)~0.1 chi/minpin (Lola)

Offline Hey-Fay

• Ritten
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 09:35:58 PM »
Where are you located? If you would like to adopt or foster, please fill out an application here http://www.rattietattierescue.com/adoption-questionnaire.html
 We have lots of new babies and adults, 200+, to choose from. We're still very much looking for more fosters and adopters!

Offline illrestinpieces

• Ritten
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 02:06:06 AM »
Darn, nowhere near connecticut. Obviously it was a long shot, considering how far away Ohio is from here.
Current ratties: Castiel, Wednesday, Graham, and Loki
Rest in peace Pez

Offline RattyRodent

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 07:23:34 PM »
More rats are now available at the Humane Society of Greater Dayton. Visit soon.