Author Topic: Worst Rescue Ever...need Ferret Help. *pics graphic*  (Read 3972 times)

Offline Moonlight Ratz

Worst Rescue Ever...need Ferret Help. *pics graphic*
« on: August 03, 2014, 12:35:16 AM »
So today I get a email thinking ot was someone wanting tonadopt one of my fosters but it was someone wanting to know if I would take in 2 "Free" Farets ya thats right "Farets....I knew they may need help when the Owner couldn't spell Ferrets. I reluctantly said yes...its busy around here lately. She lived about 20 minutes from me. She sent me these photos....she said they wete both girls but the white one was NOT spayed or decented and the White one was 5 and the Sable was 4. Then she said oh you can have the cage for $150.00 I told her I didnt need one. I knew the apayed/decented thing was wrong too.

So I went to pick them up. They wheeled a very gross cage out and pulled out 1 active but Thin Ferret (Sable-Bella they said) and 1 Ferret I thought was dead. The boy stuffed them in my carrier saying jewles ) white) (they can't spell that either) was very lazy all the time. She said that they got them from someone and didnt have time for them anymore. House looked horrible kids dirty. ..was horrible. And she had Kittens. She wanted me to take them but I told her I couldn't as my cats at home weren't friendly. I told her I could call spca to come getthem as I knew someone...she siad ok. I called my friend and explained conditions she was gonna pick up kittens tomorrow and I told her to bring backup and it may be abuse case. I told her I would update her on Ferrets.  I rushed home and the White BOY not even a Girl was alive but barely. Extremely Thing. And Dirty..covered in Fleas. Bite wounds from fleasnloaded with flea dirt....and names overgrown.

PICs very Graphic. I got some good canned food in Him and He purked up a Bit. But not mobile. He moves his legs VERY little and he is stiff alot. Cannot grt around...he urinates where he Lays I havent seen him have BM yet.

I cannot get him to vet this later this week. I literally syart a new job Monday and have no idea my schedule. Vet closed tomorrow and no close ER vets.

Both had NT, Bath, Flea pill and good food and water and warm blankets. I hope they get better. The Sable one is active but thin. Not as many fleas or dirt. But I forgot to check the Sex but they finally got to sleep and I didnt want to disturb them.

Any ideas on what could be Wrong with the Boy.
I havent screamed at her yet necause my denied from SPCA is suppose to go tomorrow and save the kittens im afraid she wouldnt give kittens over if i screamed at hrr....otherwords she would have gotten a piece of my mind.
I cannot belive the condition they were in. Poor poor babies.

These are the pics they sent me

Mom to ratties:
Girls
Rayne, Raven, River, Reese & Harley Quinn
Boys: ??????

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Worst Rescue Ever...need Ferret Help. *pics graphic*
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 10:45:37 AM »
Thank you for taking them in...wow. I don't know if I could have held my tongue like you did.

Immediate thoughts though:

A vet as soon as you can do it. You already know that but everything is guesses until then.

It looks like Jules' back legs don't work at all, is that right? Most ferrets I've seen with that have been stepped on or something and have a broken back. Some of them recover and can walk a bit again, other drag their hind legs for the rest of their life.  I'd also be concerned about insulinoma/adreneal with both of them since I assume they were both probably eating awful food.

I hope he can get better. <3

Offline Moonlight Ratz

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »
Gavin passed the Bridge this morning. He has been at the gets for 2 days on IVs and meds. Dispute there help he kept seizing. After a long discussion with my vet we agreed that it was time. I went to be with him and He passed quietly.

Sage is doing well, and putting on a little weight. I adopted a friend for her from our SPCA yesterday when the vet prepared me that Gavin was turning for worse (Sage was really sad not as active do I knew I needed to get her a friend) she was cleated by the vet 2 days ago, needs more weight but BW was all good on her..... They are getting along but  panda the newly adopted girl isn't used to other ferrets so she is taking time to get used to Sage whom wants to cuddle she misses Gavin..

I'm really sad but I know he is in a better place with no suffering.
Mom to ratties:
Girls
Rayne, Raven, River, Reese & Harley Quinn
Boys: ??????

Offline mutewolf

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
Sad to hear he passed but it sounds like you and your vet did everything possible.  :heart:

Offline Fillimena

• Ritten
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 03:29:19 PM »
I am so sorry for the state of the two Fuzzies ( what ferret lovers often call their baby).  As for the people you got them from, please do not be so quick to judge. At least they knew enough to find them another home... As for their spelling abilities... Have you read your own posts there are many misspellings... You should not judge others from a not so lofty place. Just Saying..