Author Topic: Airline-approved rat carrier (San Francisco, CA)  (Read 786 times)

Offline missmyrats

• Ritten
Airline-approved rat carrier (San Francisco, CA)
« on: January 17, 2015, 05:04:32 PM »
FAA-approved rat crate/carrier looking for new owner. It’s appropriate for airline travel. I used this carrier to transport my rats during a flight many years ago; my pet rats arrived in excellent condition, all alive and well. Now that my pet rats are dearly departed, I no longer need it for travels. If you are moving and need a crate to fly your pet rodents in, this is the perfect crate.

This crate is Taconic brand and meets all FAA standards for live animals—size, quality, breathing holes small enough to not let paws or tails poke out. Note that if you are flying your rodent pets (rats, hamster or gerbil), a regular pet carrier will not meet their requirements. It must be FAA-approved. It took me a lot of effort to find this crate. It was a labor of love that was worth every penny and every minute of my search.

Dimensions are: 23 x 16 x 7. Asking for $40. Please contact if interested. I can't figure out how to upload pictures onto the post, but will gladly email them if you leave your contact info.

Offline missmyrats

• Ritten
Re: Airline-approved rat carrier (San Francisco, CA)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 06:42:54 PM »
Asking for $20 only. Please contact me if you are interested.

Offline oldmantae

• Ritten
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 05:48:28 PM »
Im very interesred! Please get back to me asap. In 3 days I will look into purchasing a new one.

Offline missmyrats

• Ritten
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 10:18:13 PM »
I gave it to someone already. Was moving and had bno choice. Sorry.