Author Topic: Two mice need a home near Libertyville, IL  (Read 887 times)

Offline My_Devastation

Two mice need a home near Libertyville, IL
« on: February 13, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »
So, today I missed a call from the vet's office where I take my rats. In the voicemail she left, the vet said that two mice were brought in by a pet store to be euthanized. Before doing so, the vets checked them over and found nothing wrong with them. So, they were relinquished into the care of the vet's office. So, the vet reached out to me to see if I know of anyone who would be interested in adopting them. Unfortunately, I do not. I have years of experience with rats, but have never owned mice myself, and I am therefore a little hesitant to offer to take them in myself. As of right now, I do not know if they are male or female, but they are in good health. I will call tomorrow to get more information to pass along. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can give you the number of the vet's office, as I am sure they will want some assurance that these little guys (or girls) are going to a good home.
Rats~ Puck

Kitties~ Willow, Sonja, Lexxi, and Logan.

RIP: Shelley, Aisling, Marilyn, Katrina, Eva, Gwendolyn, Dahlia, Caja, Ruby, Samara, Drusy, Tex, Brie, Kolbi, Riley, Brandy, Paige, Damien, Chloe, Felix, Fallon, Zoie, Jukka, Wendell, Felicia, Fiona, Inara, Nami

Offline My_Devastation

Re: Two mice need a home near Libertyville, IL
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 10:39:28 AM »
Okay, so they were able to find a home for one of the mice with a local rescue that plans to use him for pet education. The other mouse is still with him, and from the sounds of it is somewhat of a "special needs" mouse, but at the same time not really.

He's a male mouse, roughly 6-7 months old, and all white. Completely healthy now, but at some point he did have a skin problem, which resulted in him scratching his ears off... So, he has no ears now... The pet store brought him in to be euthanized because they couldn't sell him.

Rats~ Puck

Kitties~ Willow, Sonja, Lexxi, and Logan.

RIP: Shelley, Aisling, Marilyn, Katrina, Eva, Gwendolyn, Dahlia, Caja, Ruby, Samara, Drusy, Tex, Brie, Kolbi, Riley, Brandy, Paige, Damien, Chloe, Felix, Fallon, Zoie, Jukka, Wendell, Felicia, Fiona, Inara, Nami