Author Topic: Work in Progress Mice Setup!  (Read 1279 times)

Offline Eli

• Ritten
Work in Progress Mice Setup!
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:04:12 PM »
Hello everyone! :wave2: So I'm going to be getting mice soon and I've started slowly collecting the items I'll need for the little ones! I currently have a ten gallon tank with a lid so far I only have a hide and a food dish from my past reptiles (I disinfected them multiple times). I still have a lot of things to buy though, so please go easy on me.

Here are the pictures:

I'd appreciate any thoughts on my setup so far! And I'll hopefully be posting soon of my full setup and mice!

Offline Artistwolf

Re: Work in Progress Mice Setup!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 11:54:30 PM »
Looks great so far; I'm glad you're going with a 10 gallon tank because most people don't seem to realize that those really are your best choice for mice ;)
You are going to get bedding and a wheel, yes? Mice love to dig and I personally recommend either shredded newspaper (local newspapers in US are nontoxic), or Kaytee Clean and Cozy bedding. Wheels should always be at least... 6 inches I think. Don't get the absolute smallest size; it can cause a painful condition called wheel tail.
Just ask if you have any questions, I know a lot about mice!!
"We may have the numbers, but they've got the heart!" -Outcast of Redwall, by Brian Jacques

Offline Eli

• Ritten
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 12:11:44 PM »
You are going to get bedding and a wheel, yes? Mice love to dig and I personally recommend either shredded newspaper (local newspapers in US are nontoxic), or Kaytee Clean and Cozy bedding. Wheels should always be at least... 6 inches I think. Don't get the absolute smallest size; it can cause a painful condition called wheel tail.
Just ask if you have any questions, I know a lot about mice!!

Thank you so much! And yes, I definitly plan on getting bedding and a wheel. The paper towels are just to keep the bottom from getting scratched up for now

Offline Artistwolf

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 09:53:07 PM »
No problem! :)
Awesome! Sounds good   :BlueDumboSmile:
"We may have the numbers, but they've got the heart!" -Outcast of Redwall, by Brian Jacques