Author Topic: Please help! Waiting to get him into the vet!  (Read 936 times)

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
Please help! Waiting to get him into the vet!
« on: March 18, 2015, 01:37:59 PM »
My mother in law's dog Lou is sick. Here is what info I have currently.

His abdomen is tight, pulled in, like when you have stomach pains.
His gums are pale.
He is 12 years old.
He is currently having incontinence which happens a lot when he doesn't feel well.
We do not know if he has defacated, though he has peed on her son's bed.
Lou is an old grump and is usually at least a bit ornery. He did not fight AT ALL when we put him into the crate.

The soonest we can get him in at my vet (IF he can look at him, he isn't an emergency vet, but the tech will ask him if he will look at Lou when he comes in) is at 2:30 at my vet, or we can pay a walk-in fee at another vet and just 'wait until we can get a vet for you' or we can go to a walk-in vet and they will at least let a tech look at him while the vet is with another patient.

My mother in law's partner and my fiance both left just earlier for Michigan as her daughter/his sister passed away saturday morning in her bathroom. And then this.

We are getting in as soon as possible, but any ideas would be highly appreciated.

Offline PureMuttz

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Please help! Waiting to get him into the vet!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 09:18:06 AM »
I know this was posted back in March - just curious on what ended up being the issue with Lou and if he's OK now?
Steppin' back into the rat world - Proud mommy of 2 (rat)boys: Buddy & Reggie. <3