Author Topic: (SoCal) Trade/Want: Double Ferret Nation for Critter Nation or Prevue Hendryx  (Read 963 times)

Offline Pinkfeet

• Ritten
Hi guys,

I'm looking to trade my Double Ferret Nation Cage for a Critter Nation or Prevue Hendryx rat cage. My girls found out a way to slip out of the cage bars so I'm in need of a smaller bar spaced cage asap. A double Critter Nation would be preferred but I'm open to any cage (even a single unit!) that can house my 4 rats (2 boys, 2 girls).

My Double Ferret Nation Cage is in good condition, but the bass pan at the bottom is missing. I've been using wood and cardboard to cover the bottom level instead. Other than that, everything else is included.

I'm located near Pasadena/Glendale, CA. I'm unable to pick up, but I'd be willing to pay a small fee for the drive if the offer is even.

Shoot me an email or PM if you're interested. Thanks!

Offline atomicrose

• A being is a being no matter how small
may I suggest that if you cant find anyone to trade with you that you put chicken wire around the panels of it. I have the same cage and had the same issue with my rats so I got chicken wire and cut it into panels to cover each side and tied it with some wire facing out so the little tab wouldn't snag them. Its tedious but ive had the cage 3 years like that and never had an issue. plus my cats cant stick their paws through the bars either. just an idea. :balloon:
A living being is a living being, no matter what size, shape, color, etc.

Offline Pinkfeet

• Ritten
Thanks for the suggestion! What wire would you recommend? I had tried this before but one of my girls is a chewer and she gnawed through the coverings ):

Offline atomicrose

• A being is a being no matter how small
hmm I just went to home depot and bought a roll or two of chicken wire. I don't remember a name brand or anything. I just bought one that was strong metal and had little squares then I attached it to the cage with the wire that it was wrapped up in. My girls never chewed through it, its pretty strong though I wouldn't doubt a determined rat lol. the squares are maybe a half inch so they would have to chew quite a few parts of it and it would have to fall off to make a hole for them to get through.  but I would try going to a hardware store and asking if they could show you some chicken wire, they should take you to it and then you can feel it for yourself and see if it would work for you. if I knew how to show pics on here I would post a pic of mine but I cant figure it out to save me.
A living being is a living being, no matter what size, shape, color, etc.