Author Topic: Talk to me about wheels.  (Read 1586 times)

Offline RooRat

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rest in Peace Petyr, Renly, and Myka <3
Talk to me about wheels.
« on: October 12, 2015, 10:49:13 AM »
I've been thinking about getting a wheel for Pyp since his cage is fairly uninteresting. I do as much as I can to make it fun for him but everything I put in there is down and chewed within an hour :yelcutelaugh:

So a wheel came to mind. Pyp is about a pound and a half and a big boy! What wheels would you recommend? I'd prefer something I can get on Amazon with my Prime subscription. I honestly have no idea if he'll even use it but I figure it can't hurt to try!
Mom to Pyp!
Visit my Etsy shop!

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
Re: Talk to me about wheels.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 01:39:23 PM »
My ratties have always liked the comfort wheels. I bought them silent spinners and the flying saucers and they either didn't touch them (flying saucer) or used it as second choice if the other comfort wheel was in use by another rattie.
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline RooRat

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rest in Peace Petyr, Renly, and Myka <3
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 01:43:35 PM »
My ratties have always liked the comfort wheels. I bought them silent spinners and the flying saucers and they either didn't touch them (flying saucer) or used it as second choice if the other comfort wheel was in use by another rattie.

Thanks! Would that be the 12" "Giant" wheel?
Mom to Pyp!
Visit my Etsy shop!

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 02:10:06 PM »

Thanks! Would that be the 12" "Giant" wheel?

That's the one :)
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Almost as smart as a rat
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 07:19:26 PM »
I also like the Wodent Wheel Wobust, which is the twelve-inch size of that brand.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
RatCode:  1m0f18r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline UmmRats

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 08:55:03 PM »
Tish loves her Wodent Wheel, Wobust size.  Lily is ok with it, but not her idea of fun.  Gomez is a lazy boy who can't be bothered with a wheel.

Offline Pied

• moo
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 09:00:27 PM »
I have a wobust wodent wheel.  only one of my boys ever used it.  My girls all love it thought.

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Almost as smart as a rat
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 11:35:42 AM »
My beautiful sweet Catherine used to use the wheel quite a lot.  The boys never showed any interest in it until she slowed down and stopped using it.  Then one night I heard someone walking sedately in the wheel.  I was thinking idly how nice it was that Catherine was enjoying the wheel even though she was no longer up to her old pace.  But then I happened to glance over and noticed that it was Peter!  Catherine has been gone for half a year now, but Petey still regularly climbs into the wheel and goes for a stroll.  But he's the only one of the boys to do so.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
RatCode:  1m0f18r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline AstridBeatrix

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 06:58:26 PM »
I have three Silent Spinners! Three of my girls love it so much! But I just adopted three new fuzzlets and they decided to chew off the plastic ball bearings on ALL of my wheels so none of them can be attached to the cage.  I need to see if I can get spare parts, or find new ones.  They also like their flying saucer (which they haven't chewed to bits!), but my order gals don't enjoy it as much and they just like to sleep on it.
Current bubs: Trogdor the Ratinator, Tofu, Spoons and Bradley

Winston, Nyssiri, Phoebe, Ljubica, Freya, Kizonhe, Astrid, Beatrix and O'Xana Play hard!

Offline Miss Vicky

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2015, 12:22:34 PM »
I'll second the wodent wheel rec. For a male, you'll need to Wobust size.

I've had mine for several years now and haven't had a rat yet that won't at least walk on it.
Owned by two cats (Tiny Tim and Jasper) and two rats (Wreck-It Ralph and Fix-It Felix, Jr.)

Offline RattieEnthusiast

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 12:20:38 AM »
I have the Wodent Wheel for my boys and they love it. I prefer it to the other wheels because it seems quieter to me (which is important because we have the DCN in our bedroom). It is harder to clean since it is enclosed - we like to wipe it down with a vinegar/dawn dish soap/water mix once a week when we do a proper cage clean and if it is particularly grimy we dissemble it. We chose to buy the Wobust one that is 12'' and we purchased it from Mainely Rat Rescue for only $19 (Plus shipping) which is a steal compared to the Amazon price plus it goes towards supporting a good cause. It has been over a year and a half of daily use later and it still looks and works pretty good!

http://mainelyratrescue.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10
That is the link for where we got ours.

Offline Mischief Mistress

• Posts Too Much!
  • I <3 My Rats.
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2016, 11:29:13 PM »
I have the Wodent Wheel for my boys and they love it. I prefer it to the other wheels because it seems quieter to me (which is important because we have the DCN in our bedroom). It is harder to clean since it is enclosed - we like to wipe it down with a vinegar/dawn dish soap/water mix once a week when we do a proper cage clean and if it is particularly grimy we dissemble it. We chose to buy the Wobust one that is 12'' and we purchased it from Mainely Rat Rescue for only $19 (Plus shipping) which is a steal compared to the Amazon price plus it goes towards supporting a good cause. It has been over a year and a half of daily use later and it still looks and works pretty good!

http://mainelyratrescue.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10
That is the link for where we got ours.
Wow thank you! Just bought one. What a steal indeed!!
Mom to 2 kids
Lactation Consultant
Student Nurse!
Army Veteran!

Offline Alex_Belle

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2016, 12:21:38 AM »
We have a Wodent Wheel and a Silent Spinner (which is anything but )