Author Topic: Seeking New Home for Lone Surviving Girl Raised in a Pair, in western NY  (Read 1080 times)

Offline InABind

• Ritten
Just tonight, I lost one of my girls to a pituitary tumor. Her life-long cagemate from another litter, a year and a half old hooded rat with no health issues, is now alone. When I got the pair I decided they'd be my last, I didn't anticipate I'd lose one so young; I have a job that keeps me away for very long hours and will very soon be continuing my education while working full-time. I won't be able to give her the love and attention she needs, and I know isolating a rat can be very damaging long-term. She's always been the cautious observer and the busy home-maker of the two, I worry about her being by herself for too long.

I'd be happy to deliver her almost anywhere in New York state with my remaining food, a rat exercise ball, a medium sized cage hammock, and a cozy cat-tent that found much better use with my little girls than my cats. I want to make sure she's going to a home where she can make lots of new friends.

If anyone has suggestions for rat foster programs or no-kill shelters in New York state (preferably western New York, by Buffalo), I would also be very appreciative. Please message me for more specifics, especially if you are interested in adding my little Taco to your mischief.

Offline InABind

• Ritten
Re: Seeking New Home for Lone Surviving Girl Raised in a Pair, in western NY
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 12:30:50 AM »
Still in need of new home for little Taco  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

She's getting lonely by herself and really could use some other lady friends.

Willing to transport her anywhere in New York state/eastern Pennsylvania/Massachusetts with supplies mentioned above.

Please help me find a new family for this lovely little girl.

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »
is she spayed? thx
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline InABind

• Ritten
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 12:06:14 AM »
She is not. She lived with another female before being alone.

Offline MousePaws

• Ritten
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 01:56:41 AM »
Hi,
     Is your girl still available? We just started our search for a pair of ratties to rescue. Is she still available? Can you tell me what size cage she has? I am trying to figure out what supplies we will need to make sure our new babies get everything they need and more! Do you have a picture of her? Does she like outside cage time? Looking forward to hearing from you...

Offline InABind

• Ritten
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 12:08:15 AM »
Hi there!
    Taco is still available, and is currently living in a two story cage that's about 2x2x1, and that was more than enough room for her and her buddy when we had two. She is a busy-body home-maker and will use anything she can to make a cozy nest to snuggle in. Taco always did better following the lead of our other rat when it came to coming out, so while we've been keen on giving her time out of the cage, she makes a small fuss that she gets over pretty quickly. She's pretty cautious regardless, so adequate outside time for her has always been spending time in the converted cat-tent-bed as a break from being in her home cage, but she's been known to venture out to explore after taking enough time to get comfortable in different surroundings. I'm not sure how to attach photos to these posts but I'd be happy to email you/post on twitter some pictures of the little cutie.

She's a tan hooded rat who's a little rounder these days now that she doesn't have someone to run around with, about average size for a female, and has never had any health issues. Like I said, let me know how I can get photos to you and I will send them. (If you don't get back to this post for a few days and then don't hear back from me right away it's because I'll be out of town this weekend and all of next week, but I am very interested in helping Taco find a new home with another playmate).

Offline InABind

• Ritten
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 12:14:16 AM »
Can you tell me what size cage she has? I am trying to figure out what supplies we will need to make sure our new babies get everything they need and more!

Wanted to pass along, this is the cage I have and I would highly recommend the brand:  http://www.martinscages.com/images/full/r-670.jpg

Assembly is a little stressful but you do it once then you have an easily cleanable, easily accessible, versatile home that will allow for playing, running, and climbing all in one. Ours is the galvanized material.

Offline MousePaws

• Ritten
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:51 AM »
I can't send you a private message? If you send me one,  I will reply with my contact information.