Author Topic: Need to rehome my girl :( BALTIMORE AREA  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Ezzierat

Need to rehome my girl :( BALTIMORE AREA
« on: October 18, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »
Hello all,

For the last five years I have been a happy rat mommy. Unfortunately, within the next week or so I will have to PTS one of my pair of females due to a stupid stubborn mammary tumor.  :'( This leaves my other girl all by herself. In the past I have remedied this by adding to my mischief, but I recently started graduate school and I am busier than I've ever been in my life... and it's just not a good time to get new rats. That said, I am looking for a good home for my Roxanne.

Roxy is an adorable intact champagne berkshire. (I think? She looks white but when you hold her up you can see there is a difference between her belly - which is clearly white - and the rest of her coat, which is off-white. She also has ruby eyes which I think means she is technically not berkshire.) I don't know how to post a picture here but I would be happy to email some. She was born in June 2014 which makes her about 16 months old. She is friendly, will approach you, and doesn't hate being held but would prefer not to be. She is a homebody. I literally leave the doors to my CN open for hours and hours and she won't stray. When I take her out for free-range she usually finds a corner to nap in, but when I get down on the floor with her she is happy to play with me.
I keep my girls in a Critter Nation single unit, using fleece bedding and CareFresh in the litter box. She is litter trained... most of the time. I have tried various kinds of food but the only one the girls don't boycott is the generic one Walmart sells.  ??? I'm sure when she is around other rats she will adjust to eating whatever they eat, but I would be happy to provide some of my food for the interim. She loves treats, of course. Some favorites are carrots, spinach leaves, apples, grapes, and cottage cheese.
It is very important that whoever takes her has a vet who will see rats, because we've had some issues with URIs. Nothing too bad, one in December/ January of 2014, and another one in the beginning of this month. We treat with Baytril and they clear up pretty easily. She's much better at taking medicine than some other rats I've had.

I really really really wish I didn't have to rehome Roxy because I love her so much, but she is far too young to be living alone. She deserves to be with other rats and be cared for by someone who can give her lots of time and attention and right now that's just not me. I am willing to travel to get her to her new home.

Anybody who is interested please either reply or direct message me and we can get in contact via email.

Offline mamarat2

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratlover
Re: Need to rehome my girl :( BALTIMORE AREA
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 03:05:18 PM »
You might check with Small Angels Rescue and see if they have any openings in the rescue.

www.smallangelsrescue.org

Interested in adopting?  Check out Small Angels

www.smallangelsrescue.org

Offline Ezzierat

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 10:59:34 PM »
This little bundle of adorableness is still looking for a new forever home. (And I figured out how to post pictures!) Her sister went over the rainbow bridge tonight, so she is officially all by herself. I am doing the best I can to give her tons of attention.
If I can't find an adopter I will look into rescues, but I would like to avoid this if possible.

Offline Picante

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 03:40:57 AM »
Have you found a home for Roxy ?

Offline Ezzierat

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 08:54:39 AM »
Nope, still looking.

Offline Picante

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 11:06:26 PM »
email me.  I just rescued a single girl who needs a friend.  Long story, but I have a very old female and a teenager.  I am sure Roxy would fit right in.

Bill  :-)

Offline Picante

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 03:17:44 AM »
I adopted Roxy and she is living ( and Napping ) happily with 2 new sisters.