Author Topic: New cage, advice on making levels?  (Read 959 times)

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
New cage, advice on making levels?
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:06:51 AM »
I love the cage they are in currently, however because of my depression, I have a hard time remembering to change the fleece liners I make for their bottom grate. So I got a new cage which can hold 6 boys comfortably and it's about the same size plus it has a tub bottom so I can use bedding again which is so much easier for me.

However it didn't come with levels and while I know how to make some with vinyl and cookie cooking racks from dollar tree... are there any other ways I can make some levels for them? I will need to make cookie sheet levels twice their normal length so I am trying to figure out how to make one huge level instead of attaching 2 cookie sheet levels today.

Any DIY advice and ideas are welcome. Levels, Toys, you name it!

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
Re: New cage, advice on making levels?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 01:30:44 PM »
Maybe those cheap hard plastic cat litter trays?

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 01:33:18 PM »
Or maybe bird cage shelf? Like the bigger one below. You probably could find something cheaper and bigger, just an example.
http://m.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=8367

Offline Vonda Z

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ratropolis: Life with Rats
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 08:57:29 PM »
I used a shallow under the bed storage tub cable tied to the cage walls when I temporary used a Martin's Play Pen as a quarantine cage. I put a large hut underneath to help support the one corner that could not be zip tied to the cage - although it was technically not necessary - it just sagged a bit without it.