Author Topic: Critter nation pans - how to make them hold bedding?  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Ratacular

Critter nation pans - how to make them hold bedding?
« on: February 03, 2016, 08:03:27 PM »
I have had my Critter Nation for ages and its always been fantastic, but my boys just didn't work with the fleece so I got a large tub from home depot that I cut down to fit in the cage and its been working great, but since the sides slant inwards, it definitely cuts back on a lot of space that my boy can run around in...

I've seen a lot of cages have pans just deep enough to hold bedding but I'm not sure how that's done! If anybody could clarify on what they use instead of fleece, that would be much appreciated - thank you!

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter nation pans - how to make them hold bedding?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:07:45 PM »
Maybe you saw the custom made 3" deep Bass pans? I love my Home Depot tubs, sure they cut a little space , but not that much. I put Eco bedding in them and whatever little space is lost is gain back by the amount of fun my rats are having playing in the Eco bedding:)

Offline Ratacular

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 08:12:51 PM »
Oh, that must have been it! Thank you for telling me the name - I'll look around for that and check it out as a possibility! :) I'll definitely be checking out that bedding as well!

Offline gawgeouspaws

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:12:30 PM »
A lot of people make bass pans out of Coroplast (I don't know if those are the 3'' deep base pans or if they're a different thing). I don't know the exact measurements you would use for a CritterNation, but it's something to look into! Good luck with your boys! My girls were always a huge fan of fleece - even though they had the propensity to shred it after awhile haha :doh:
currently snuggling mario
rip henrietta, penelope, and angus
came back to this forum again as of 1/23/2017

Offline Michael C

• Tiny Scratches
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 11:19:54 PM »
Bass Equipment makes pans for all of the shelves in the CN in 2 1/2" and 3" depths. They offer the pans in galvanized steel or stainless steel. Stainless is more expensive but the galvanized would need to be painted and cured before use. We've just been discussing painting tips on another thread.

Flower Town Chinchillas makes 3" deep galvanized pans that come pre-painted. They're a Canadian company so you'll want to make sure you research exchange rates and shipping costs before deciding which company works best for you.