Author Topic: Male in need of new home/rescue in Chicago area!  (Read 895 times)

Offline Ice

• Loving ratties for 18+ years!
    • My LiveJournal
Male in need of new home/rescue in Chicago area!
« on: February 19, 2016, 02:40:47 AM »
A rat was abandoned in my apartment building, and the manager, knowing I have pet rats, brought him to me (this is not the first time either... ::)). Unfortunately, I currently do not have the time to rehab the little guy, so I need another person willing to put the time in to getting him healthy and adopting him out! He's male, not neutered, a little skittish but overall friendly. Looks to be an adult, less than a year old, american mink.

He is a bit skinny, but putting on weight in the week I've had him. He was also pretty scabbed up, but I am treating him for mites, and the scabs are clearing up and fur growing back. He really, REALLY likes people and to be out and around you. I haven't tried him with my other rats though, as I only have females. He is healthy, no respiratory issues, and just needs some TLC to get over being scared. He will make someone a great pet, and I would keep him myself if he wasn't male.

Adoptions fee is $5 to make sure he doesn't go for snake food. Either adopt him for yourself, or if you are willing to take him, give him some time to finish healing and get used to people, then find him a forever home, that would be fine too. If you are a legit rescue, fee will be waived to transfer him to you.  I have him up on craigslist as well, but I'd rather he go to a person that I know is rat savvy.

We're located just south of Chicago in Willowbrook, IL, right off I-55.  Someone please give this great little guy a chance!

Critters close to my heart.  <3
Kessen & Inde the Shetland Sheepdogs,
Ridley the bearded dragon,
& Merlin the cockatiel.

To all those who have come before and left their paw prints on my heart - you are gone but will never be forgotten.

Offline defzeppard

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Male in need of new home/rescue in Chicago area!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 12:36:38 AM »
Was just curious as to how far you'd be willing/able to drive?  I live near Milwaukee and depending on the distance, I may be able to come part way. 
Mommy to: Four retired lab rats: Skinner, Edward, Nikola, and Tesla
At the Bridge: Nicodemus, Pearcy, Crosby, Ozzy, Montee, Marty, DeMartini, Gizmo, Bandit and Badger

Offline kerri.howard

• Posts Too Much!
  • lap rats, Pete and Ross.
Re: Male in need of new home/rescue in Chicago area!
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:54:03 AM »
Hi,

I know this post is a few months old, but I just wanted to check and see if you had found a place for the little guy yet? I live in Chicago and just have 2 18 mos old boys now.
Currently enjoying the company of Daario, Zuca, Groot, Rachel, Phoebe, Einstein, Breadstick, and Charlie.