Author Topic: Did I forget anything?  (Read 700 times)

Offline keegen456

Did I forget anything?
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »
Ok so I'm getting everything ready. The cage is being delivered Saturday. The rats aren't going to be ready to leave the breeder until the 22nd so I still have some time to get the cage set up and perfect.
Here's what I have so far:
Cage- coming Saturday
Water bottle x2
Food dish
Treat dish, not sure if it's necessary but I thought it would be nice
Litter box
Fleece cage liners x2 sets
Hammocks x4
Dog rope
Fleece rope
Dig box
Hide box
Various cat toys/ferret toys
Pee rock

I still need to get:
Uhaul pads
Litter for the litter box
Food
A couple of different treats, puffs, yogies etc
Wheel
Tawnya- Hercules, Frost, Sparkle, Minnie

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Did I forget anything?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 02:42:24 PM »
You are super prepared for your new baby rats:) I would suggest (but not necessary, you have already so many things) a space pod. It can be place in the floor or attached to the ceiling of the cage. My rats love their space pods.

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Almost as smart as a rat
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 09:52:36 PM »
If you have any cardboard boxes, they make great hideouts for rats and are not nearly as expensive as igloos, etc.  You can also get great little rat toys in the bird or cat section of the pet supply store (don't get anything with catnip in it, because it's bad for rats).

You might also want extra food and treat bowls, so that a set or two can be in the wash.  I got a number of stoneware bowls at PetSmart in various sizes and colors:  light blue 2 oz., dark blue 5 oz. and purple and green 10 oz. (the sizes are reasonably close, even if not perfectly accurate).  I like them for different purposes, depending on the current size of the mischief--basically a larger bowl for lab blocks, and a smaller bowl or two for treats.  Even if you only have two rats, get some of the 10-oz. size anyway--you will probably need them down the road if when you get more rats, and in the meantime they would be great for pea fishing and so on.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
RatCode:  1m0f18r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline keegen456

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 07:36:40 PM »
Cage is here and I set it up. I know how big it was, but I guess it didn't really compute. I need so man more hammocks to fill it up lol.
Tawnya- Hercules, Frost, Sparkle, Minnie