Author Topic: Upgrading to Critter Nation!  (Read 1207 times)

Offline mghemm437

Upgrading to Critter Nation!
« on: April 11, 2016, 07:30:05 AM »
So I am finally jumping on the bandwagon and bought a single Critter Nation. Would have loved to get a double, but I only have 2 girls and couldn't afford it   :( . Would love to see any cool ideas for decorations or suggestions for utilizing cage space. So excited to upgrade and spoil my girls when they finally come home. Sansa and Blake are going to be some of the most spoiled ratty girls around.

I am upgrading from the All Living Things Rat starter cage from Petsmart, and am definitely looking forward to more space and easier cleaning/access.

Offline Michael C

• Tiny Scratches
Re: Upgrading to Critter Nation!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 09:07:53 AM »
The single CN is huge! It's more than enough space for your two girls.

Goosemoose has a thread specifically for photos of folks' Critter Nations. It's chock full of ideas and inspiration!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:13:39 AM by Michael C »

Offline Vonda Z

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ratropolis: Life with Rats
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:41:44 AM »
You can always upgrade to the double later by purchasing the add-on unit when you have the need and money for it. In the mean time, the single CN will be more than enough space for two girls, less work to keep clean, and I am sure both you and your girls will love it.

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 03:20:22 PM »
You will love your critter nation, and so will your rats;)

Offline keegen456

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 03:29:35 PM »
I love my critter nation! I almost got a petco rat mansion and I am so glad I decided to spend the extra money and just get the critter nation. There is so much space for my rats to play. You're going to love yours!
Tawnya- Hercules, Frost, Sparkle, Minnie

Offline mghemm437

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 03:46:10 PM »
I got my cage in yesterday and all assembled. The girls came home today from the breeder and are having a ball exploring! The cage absolutely dwarfs them right now. Sansa seems to think the litter box is her bed  ::) We'll see how long that lasts when I start throwing poop in it!  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 05:47:45 PM »
Maybe add a second water bottle. Water bottles can malfunction and if not caught in time, your rats can die from dehydration.

Offline mghemm437

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »
Maybe add a second water bottle. Water bottles can malfunction and if not caught in time, your rats can die from dehydration.

I have a second one, It was attached to my travel cage when i took this. Its in the cage now :)

Offline bmsgirl94

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 09:14:35 AM »
They look so tiny! Congrats on upgrading to the Critter Nation, it looks great!

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 10:43:53 AM »

I have a second one, It was attached to my travel cage when i took this. Its in the cage now :)
Great😀I often say that as many people don't and it is a very easy way to avoid a tragedy. I have one on the upper level of my DCN and one on the lower level. I forgot more than once to open the ladder that separate both levels after cleaning the cage😬 but no big deal since they had water and food on both levels. I'm super careful now. They are so very sweet❤️