Author Topic: Silly dog!  (Read 1019 times)

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
Silly dog!
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:21:44 PM »
So my husband and I live with his parents. They have a Australian cattle dog mix named Sampson. He's a rescue and when they first got him he didn't know what to do with toys. Now all he wants to do is play fetch all day.

I just spent a good amount of time throwing a ball for him outside. I kept throwing until he just passed me and when to his pee spot. There he almost tipped over, while peeing, and dropped the ball. That was when I started laughing. We got inside and I went to the living room and told my husband what happened. Sampson followed me and just lied down on the floor panting. I tried to get him to follow me to the kitchen so he could get some water, but he was too tired. So I grabbed his bowl, filled it with clean water, and brought it to him. Sampson continued to pant as he slowly drank the water. I could tell he was cooling down, because he would drink more before continuing to pant. It amused me greatly when he would go back to panting, because when he opened his mouth his tongue would drop into his water. He was panting to hard, but whenever I looked at him he started wagging his tail.

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Silly dog!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 03:35:02 PM »
I wish I had one one-millionth of the energy of an Aussie cattle dog.
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
Re: Silly dog!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 08:22:17 AM »
Same here. Especially since I'm starting to run every morning.