Author Topic: Diaper Inserts for liners  (Read 560 times)

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
Diaper Inserts for liners
« on: May 21, 2016, 07:49:24 AM »
Has anyone used these for lining shelves? I'm at my wits end with my girls lol. The shelves are plastic & they poop constantly on them and they mash it all over the shelves yech. 7 girls & they are messy. They started to chew on the shelves now too little stinkers!

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Diaper Inserts for liners
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 08:21:35 AM »
I have used doggie pee pads and rabbit cage liners. They just got shredded and the wet layer got dug up and spread around. The best thing I've found is hardwood pellets like for a pellet burning stove. Have to be sure there are no other additives. Another option is rabbit chow. Either of these need to be frozen for a couple of days before use
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 12:22:39 PM »
We actually use shredded paper for the bottom of the cages and the rats love it but they won't go poop down there only on the shelves lol

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 03:46:35 PM »
What type of cage do you have?

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 03:47:58 PM »
I wouldn't use diaper liners or puppy pads. They have a chemical in them that turns into gel with contact with pee or water. If your rats were to swallow any of it, it could kill them.

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 10:11:06 AM »
Wire with plastic shelves. I'm not sure what it's called because I got it with some rats.
The liners I'm getting are for cloth diapers. They just have fabric in them so no chemicals ;)