Author Topic: The never ending cat vocabulary  (Read 2093 times)

Offline samssimonsays3

• "You have not loved until you have loved an animal
    • Milo & Me
The never ending cat vocabulary
« on: April 28, 2014, 03:27:55 PM »
We had a cat who would actually have conversations with you, anyone else have one of those? And if you said his name he'd meow and sound like he said, "What?" or he'd say things like mom, yes, no, now, what and so on. Sadly we lost him due to health complications and now our once quiet cat (he barely made a peep when he opened his mouth to meow) has taken over for the talkative one. He is so loud and will not stop LOL. It is weird. He was very shy and quiet and hated people besides me and now he is coming out more and VERY talkative. All since we lost our other cat.
Samantha Schmidt
Owner/Operator at Milo & Me Rabbitry
Author of Children's book Milo & Me

Offline furmommy

• All my children have paws
Re: The never ending cat vocabulary
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:42:19 AM »
My grandmas cat Annie is like this!! Its so funny and cute to talk to them and have them understand and talk back to you!
FurMommy to:
6 dogs: Spencer Reid, Charlie Joe, Jase, Molly, Emma Marie & Katie Lynn
2 cats: Flower & Orphan Annie & 4 newborn kittens
5 rats: Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Hunkybear and Pudge
3 mice: Charlotte, Jasmine & Josie
2 geckos: Kisses & Tito
1 bearded dragon: Titus

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 12:24:53 AM »
I have a siamese named dumpy that talks in purry grunts when you talk to her and does things like moans when you pick her up or hold her which she hates.
Frank is a korat and talks but meows when he talks. He says hi. He got locked in a room which was very traumatic for the drama boy and he ran back and forth between my husband and I saying mama for about an hour because he was so upset. The other cats dont really talk much.

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 12:38:09 AM »
Yes we have a cat just like this! Its very funny to carry on a conversation with him. We just started to get one of our quiet ones to meow at his name. Maybe he will get as talkitive as our other one some day lol.
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline Beltaine

• Ritten
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2016, 10:39:39 AM »
My cat likes to chatter at me like he does on birds. He does it when I look at him, or startle him. Cute :)
My Etsy shop address: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CritterEmporium

I'm a rat hammock maker. I sell my works on Etsy. All hammock are handmade by me with care and attention to detail. I use soft fleece and natural 100% cotton fabrics. Good prices and worldwide shipping with trackig number.