Author Topic: Eco Bedding / Crinkle Paper  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Michael C

• Tiny Scratches
Eco Bedding / Crinkle Paper
« on: July 21, 2016, 10:53:09 PM »
I recently found a local source for small bags of Eco Bedding so I thought I'd give it a try. I really haven't been 100% happy with most of the loose substrates I've tried. They're all pretty dusty. I've been a much bigger fan of fleece.

After BigBen hyped up Eco Bedding, I thought I should try it. It turns out my boys love it. They've never spent time hanging out on loose bedding before but they're really into pushing the crinkled paper around and building little nest forts in it.

Can you find Oliver Reynolds?

The only problem with Eco Bedding is the high price tag and almost non-existent availability (that basically knocks it of the list of possibilities).

After doing a bunch of research and web browsing, I found that Staples' online store sells crinkle craft paper in 10lb. boxes for less than Eco Bedding at any of the pet supply sources. The 10lb. boxes at Staples are $18.29 before tax. They will ship the item to your nearest Staples location for free. I just picked up the box that I ordered on the way home from work. It's huge!

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Eco Bedding / Crinkle Paper
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 02:29:31 AM »
Wow thanks for the tip! I'm now using Aspen, trying to find the best one...Aspen definitively varies from 1 source to the next...Anyway when I was using Eco bedding I thought of buying in bulk from paper supplier directly but the shipping cost was pretty high. I had no idea that I could get free shipping from staples' online. To get free shopping from where I used to buy it I had to buy 4*4.5 lbs, lol.

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 10:12:05 AM »
I really miss Eco Crinkles. Is there anything they do to make it safer for pets, compared to the Staples stuff?
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline Michael C

• Tiny Scratches
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 03:14:23 PM »
I really miss Eco Crinkles. Is there anything they do to make it safer for pets, compared to the Staples stuff?

I admit that I was a little hesitant (and am still open to critical arguments) about using a product that isn't specifically marketed for pets. The Fibercore website doesn't seem to make any claims about any sort of special treatment of the paper for Eco Bedding.

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 11:46:38 PM »
I might be wrong but I bet it is the same exact thing except that Eco Bedding buy it in bulk and market it for pets with a big markup.

Offline crazydaisy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 02:46:26 AM »
I've been buying that staples kind for years too. Really love it and the rats go nuts for it. They drag it everywhere lol. It lasts a long time too.

Offline Yummy

• Ritten
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2016, 01:08:46 AM »
I just ordered a 10 lb box of Eco Bedding for $30 through Amazon - wish I had seen this post first!  But at least I know now for the future!  Thanks for the tip!

I used to buy Eco Bedding from my local Petsmart until they stopped carrying it.  That was a sad day for me because it was the overall best bedding I have ever found.  So I then switched to Aspen.  But between my cat's litter box and the aspen shavings in my rat cages, I have been super unhappy with the amount of dust that is being put out in my house!  So I'm excited to go back to the Eco paper bedding.  (And have been searching for a less dusty cat litter, and switched to a covered box).  Progress.   :thumbsup2: