Author Topic: Do you think a baby rat can move a huge metal rat wheel?  (Read 639 times)

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
Do you think a baby rat can move a huge metal rat wheel?
« on: July 26, 2016, 12:34:52 AM »
So my fat chubbers don't use the wheel I bought them 2 weeks ago. Honestly wasn't sure if they would.

I have a now 5? week old baby boy who has HUGE amounts of energy and I think he would use it... it's just so big I'm not sure he can run it yet. I'm about to put him into the smaller regular cage (vs. the HUGE rabbit guinea big boy cage) so he has more room to run. He was so tiny I had to put him in a Hamster Cage. And he honestly still looks (in size) like he fits in there. It's pretty nuts. But he's getting bigger now and that makes me happy.

So... Ivan... plus a 12" metal mesh wheel (It has one open size and one closed, his tail and feet can't get caught by a bar)

Think it's worth a try?

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Do you think a baby rat can move a huge metal rat wheel?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 01:27:54 AM »
Yes try it. My girls had their 12" wheel since day one, they were about 5-6 weeks, and they used it just fine:) I would move him to a cage at least the size of a rat manor though as there are still 3-5 weeks for him before joining the older boys.