Author Topic: Locking People Out of Rat Cage.  (Read 937 times)

Offline shmoopy97

Locking People Out of Rat Cage.
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:28:45 PM »
So long story short my family is moving and people have to come look at our house while im not there. I have no one who will watch my rats while people do this so I need a way to lock there cage from the outside so people other than me cant get in.

The only idea so far is a bike lock but i have never used one so i'm not to familiar with how they work. 

I have a critter nation single, I would like something that could go between the two doors to prevent them from being opened. Preferably with a lock and key of some sort. Im not sure if just a lock is big enough.

Thank you!

Offline Vonda Z

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ratropolis: Life with Rats
Re: Locking People Out of Rat Cage.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 06:13:00 PM »
How about a travel lock with a metal cable loop that can be threaded through the cage bars?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016OYT1XM/ref=abs_brd_tag_dp?smid=A30U5R8UY24S21

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 06:37:40 PM »
If you really want to prevent them from accessing your cage, make sure you have hooked correctly the roof of the critter nation. Tie the hooks very tight so they can't be unhooked. Of course if it is to prevent small children to mess with your rats, the kick should be enough.

Offline Mischief Mistress

• Posts Too Much!
  • I <3 My Rats.
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 10:52:52 PM »
I really doubt anyone would go in your cage. Just turn it around so the doors are facing the wall.
Mom to 2 kids
Lactation Consultant
Student Nurse!
Army Veteran!