Author Topic: Ferret owners- Green teeth? help needed!  (Read 5044 times)

Offline dude_buddy

• Posts Too Much!
Ferret owners- Green teeth? help needed!
« on: June 18, 2003, 08:26:49 PM »
Hey my oldest ferret, Dude, (One year) has recently developed (or i have recently noticed, either way) green decay on his 'big' tooth on either side of his mouth. i tried to scratch it off but it didnt come off. What is this and how do you get rid of it? I brush his teeth once or twice a month, up untill a few weeks ago when he stole his toothbrush and paste and hid them somewhere unknown, and he has had stinky, bad breath lately, the only ferret that does, and the only ferret with green decay. i dont want the decay to eat away his teeth or cause him pain, so if theres anyone who knows what this is or how it can be treated please reply...
« Last Edit: June 18, 2003, 09:22:59 PM by dude_buddy »
Animals are my friends...and I don't eat my friends. -

Think of the fierce energy concentrated in an acorn! You bury it in the ground and it explodes into a giant oak! Bury a sheep and nothing happens but decay. -

---George Bernard Shaw

Offline Heather

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
Re:Ferret owners- Green teeth? help needed!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 09:36:47 PM »
Ouch! It sounds painful. I've never owned a ferret but I would definately say take him to the vet. Maybe they can pull the tooth and you can just buy another brush and toothpaste to clean his teeth with. I know when the girlies (rats) hide things, I NEVER find them. LOL. I end up buying a whole new thing.

Some_gurl

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 09:39:09 PM »
I agree. I don't have ferrets, but my friend does, so I know..somewhat enough about them. But, yeah..I'd say take him to the vet, and see what they can do. You'll probably be better off buying a new toothbrush and stuff too...cuz who knows when/if you'll find that! lol..

Offline dude_buddy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 10:42:07 PM »
Yah, Ill call tomorow.. I think my parents are a bit skeptical about taking another ferret to the vet w/o calling first (been to the vet 5 times in the last 2 1/2 weeks for another ferret whose sick :'( :BlueDumboBigEyes:)
Thanks!
Animals are my friends...and I don't eat my friends. -

Think of the fierce energy concentrated in an acorn! You bury it in the ground and it explodes into a giant oak! Bury a sheep and nothing happens but decay. -

---George Bernard Shaw