Author Topic: CN Assembly Issue  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Fluxeroo

CN Assembly Issue
« on: September 28, 2016, 06:45:14 PM »
I'm having a few issues with setting up my single unit critter nation. I managed to get past my first two issues but now I'm utterly stuck.

The back wall/panel of the cage does not fit. It's a hairlength too short of fitting into the peg. I would think that the issue would be the cage base, but that won't budge any closer together.

A friend of mine suggested bending the bars. Has anyone else had the issues or advice on how to deal with this lol
Spots -Rehomed (8/14/16)
Archer -Rehomed  (August-July 2016)
Spuds
Lulu

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
Re: CN Assembly Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 07:46:01 PM »
Do you have a picture you could share of the exact problem? If I understand right, I'd suggest getting a rubber mallet and pound it together if you can. Or you can do what we had to do (didnt have a mallet) and use a hammer, but place a piece of wood between the cage and the hammer so you arent hammering directly on the cage.
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 07:47:45 PM »
A rubber mallet comes in handy when putting CN's and DCN's together.  Failing that, a regular hammer hitting through some padding (the point is to avoid chipping the enamel).  The cage will go together with enough persuasion, I promise you.  If you can't make it work, call up Midwest tomorrow and ask for help.  They are supposed to be pretty good about that.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  2m1f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:40:38 PM »
I had a similar problem when putting mine together. It turned out the pegs were bent. I used a rawhide hammer to correct the problem.

Offline Fluxeroo

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »
It turned out to be a bent peg issue. Managed to fix it a little while ago lol
Thanks for the responses
Spots -Rehomed (8/14/16)
Spuds
Lulu

Offline Fluxeroo

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:41:04 PM »

In case the image breaks here's the link link http://juxtaflux.deviantart.com/art/Y-all-Ignome-this-637407852

This is the issue I'm now having with the side panels. They will go in all the way on one side but not the other. Both panels do this. By some miracle, and lots of hammering, I managed to fix one side panel. However it seems no matter what the other panel refuses to obey me. I just can't get this peg to go in all the way (it's not this peg singularly though, it will only go down all the way on one side, doesn't matter which side it is)

So should I just keep hammering or is there some magical trick one of you guys used for this problem lmao
Spots -Rehomed (8/14/16)
Spuds
Lulu

Offline Fluxeroo

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 02:13:33 PM »
Nevermind it fixed itself -___-
Spots -Rehomed (8/14/16)
Spuds
Lulu