Author Topic: The ratties are back!  (Read 847 times)

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
The ratties are back!
« on: October 10, 2016, 10:12:51 PM »
I retrieved the boys on Saturday from the friends who were taking care of them, yay!  I'm so glad they're back; the apartment was awfully quiet with no ruckus coming from the cage.  It was just in time, too.  I think the ratties were starting to forget me, or perhaps they'd given up on the idea of ever coming back here.  (For anyone who hasn't read the other threads, I broke both my arms in a bicycle accident at the end of June, so the rats have been at the home of Been to the Mountaintop for over three months, while I recovered from all the operations.  That's a long time, for wee ratties.)

In any case, the boys are slowly getting used to the routine again.  Sunday morning they seemed surprised when I showed up with their baby food, but this morning they were all waiting for me at the front of the cage.  I had my friend and spiritual director, a neighborhood priest, come over this morning and bless both the rats and their cages in honor of our fresh start.  She was delighted to see them again (I've occasionally brought them with me to direction sessions).

Peter is gone, so that means I'm back to six rats:  John, Peter's brother and litter-mate; James, who is not from that litter, but who might still be a brother or half-brother (the previous owners said that he came from the same place); the three West Side Highway rats, George, Andrew, and David; and Bartholomew, who was just a little baby when I had the accident, but who is now neither little or a baby.  Bartholomew has not been getting on with the others, but he was recently castrated, so I have hopes of introducing him successfully in the near future.   In the meantime, he is in a cage by himself and seems quite content to come out on the bed and cuddle with Daddy.  I hope introductions will work out, but if not, that will be okay.

I will try to get some decent photos of the boys and post them here.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
Re: The ratties are back!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 10:18:50 PM »
Welcome home guys! Im sure they are happy to be home after their mini retreat at Been To The Mountaintop's!  :heart:
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 08:41:50 AM »
Yay!!  So glad you have your crew back with you!   :heart:

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 01:47:29 PM »
So glad they got back to Daddy! Somehow the wheels are not the same, running without dry raisins in them! The boys had the 2 am rumble down to a science--lucky I work nights lol.
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 02:12:37 PM »
So glad they got back to Daddy! Somehow the wheels are not the same, running without dry raisins in them! The boys had the 2 am rumble down to a science--lucky I work nights lol.

Believe it or not, I missed that.  I guess it's like your partner's snoring--you complain about it, till it's not there anymore, and then you really miss it.  I am so glad to have the boys back with me, I can't tell you.  (And today, the chins came back, so now the family is complete, yay!)
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 04:43:25 PM »
Oh I am so glad you have been reunited with your fuzzy family...I cannot stand to be away from them for long.

Offline ILoveMyRatties

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »
It's must feel so good to have them all back:) I'm sure they missed you too and are happy to have their daddy back!

Offline mamarat2

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratlover
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2016, 02:19:31 PM »
I think we need some pictures of the returned rodents.   :poke:
Interested in adopting?  Check out Small Angels

www.smallangelsrescue.org