Author Topic: Holly has a crooked tooth  (Read 899 times)

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Holly has a crooked tooth
« on: November 02, 2016, 02:57:53 PM »
Ugh! I just noticed that Holly needs to get a tooth clipped. One of her bottom teeth is growing crooked. Thankfully it isn't affecting her eating. Yet. And she hasn't lost any weight. Yet. But I'm getting it taken care of tomorrow before it gets any worse. So anyone think the tooth will resolve after one or two clippings? This is my first time dealing with malocclusion (sp).
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 03:12:38 PM by gramma2jaakk »

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
Re: Holly has a crooked tooth
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 03:10:53 PM »
Oh no! Poor Holly. It could go either way. Ive had a rat who needed regular teeth trimmings every couple weeks, and Ive had to get a couple rat's teeth trimmed just once. Hopefully it wont be a regular thing for Holly.
  :heart:
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 09:53:32 PM »
Oh no! Poor Holly. It could go either way. Ive had a rat who needed regular teeth trimmings every couple weeks, and Ive had to get a couple rat's teeth trimmed just once. Hopefully it wont be a regular thing for Holly.
  :heart:

Thank you, I'm hoping a few tooth trims and it will resolve itself. She is definitely a sweet girl but doesn't like to be handed. She's quite willing to climb all over me, grooming my ears, hair, etc but struggles mightily when I pick her up. She's not going to enjoy the vet visit tomorrow!

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 09:47:33 PM »
Holly really struggled with the vet today!  I knew she would.  The vet was amazed how long BOTH bottom teeth had gotten.  She said the one tooth was straight, then swiggled around like a sword, then shot off in a strange direction, and it was longer than the other tooth.  I know Holly was still eating (she had gained weight!) because there was some of their food in the transport cage and she was eating some.  She got a few pieces eaten before the vet came to check her teeth out. 

Dr Temple was surprised about the tooth, also.  She said this kind of thing, if it was going to happen at all, should have happened when Holly was younger, not as a 1 1/2 year old.  So the crooked tooth got clipped, and the other one got trimmed.  $78 for the visit and the clipping.  So here's hoping it will now resolve itself and Holly doesn't have to go through that again! 

She was a pretty miffed little girl after it was all done.  She looks so cute when she's upset about something.  She is a bad rex so her hair is frizzy anyway, but if she is upset it is even more frizzy!  And she glares at you.  Then grooms all the people smell off.

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2016, 12:24:15 AM »
Poor girl! At least its over and done with and hopfully she wont have to go back to have it done again. I think some extra delicious treats are in order.  :rattysmiley:
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2016, 01:32:24 AM »
Poor girl! At least its over and done with and hopfully she wont have to go back to have it done again. I think some extra delicious treats are in order.  :rattysmiley:

My ratties agree!  In fact, as far as they're concerned, extra delicious treats are always in order! :cheeky:
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2016, 09:04:04 AM »

My ratties agree!  In fact, as far as they're concerned, extra delicious treats are always in order! :cheeky:

Oh, my ratties always think extra delicious treats are in order!  Holly was certainly feeling much better last night, even after all the indignities of being handled by the vet and getting her tooth clipped.  She met me at the cage door and was super greedy, wanting more than her share of the mini chocolate chips at bedtime! 

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 07:25:34 PM »

Oh, my ratties always think extra delicious treats are in order!  Holly was certainly feeling much better last night, even after all the indignities of being handled by the vet and getting her tooth clipped.  She met me at the cage door and was super greedy, wanting more than her share of the mini chocolate chips at bedtime!

Rats seem to agree with Mae West that too much of a good thing is just about right. . . .  :yelcutelaugh: :cheeky: :doh:
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 08:45:29 PM »

Rats seem to agree with Mae West that too much of a good thing is just about right. . . .  :yelcutelaugh: :cheeky: :doh:

:thumbsup2: