Author Topic: Rat Behavior images?  (Read 536 times)

Offline mamarat2

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratlover
Rat Behavior images?
« on: December 11, 2016, 04:25:08 PM »
Hey all!  I used to have a file that showed pictures of different rat stances related to their behavior, I think it was sketched images versus pictures.  Anyone else have anything similar they would be willing to share?
Interested in adopting?  Check out Small Angels

www.smallangelsrescue.org

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
Re: Rat Behavior images?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 08:29:01 PM »
Nothing of my own, but you might check out Rat Behavior and Biology.  I believe she has something like what you're looking for.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  2m1f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline mamarat2

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratlover
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 08:53:04 PM »
Thanks Ben! That link doesn't work, but this was one of the sites I'd come across when I was digging. She does have some playtime images up and some rat/rat aggression, close but not the images I was remembering. I think the ones I'd found years ago were from a published paper.
Interested in adopting?  Check out Small Angels

www.smallangelsrescue.org

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 07:08:49 PM »
Funny; I never notice the ear position.  There is a way that a happy rat holds his or her jaw that makes it look as though the animal is smiling--that's how I tell.  That, and the way a happy rat bounds along with a treasure or a treat in its mouth.

The article mentions trying to distinguish, eventually, between happiness, joy, and optimism.  I'm not sure that rats distinguish between happiness and joy; and I don't know how you would even begin to tell if a rat is feeling optimistic.  Contentment is pretty obvious, though, the general bonelessness, the bruxing, and the boggling make that pretty clear.  And the way they close their eyes when you scritch them in just the right spot pretty much says bliss, to me!
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  2m1f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n