Author Topic: R.I.P. Trixie 11/11/2013 - 04/06/2017 3 years, 4 months, 25 days; age 102 years  (Read 241 times)

Offline RattyRodent

Mrs. Ratty here,

Mr. Ratty and I sadly announce the death of our girl, our Dumbo Rat, Trixie.  According to the rat age calculator, she made it to 102 human years.  Mr. Ratty found her on the bottom of her cage, under the exercise wheel that she had loved to run on at an earlier time.  She was a great lover of life; despite virtually losing use of her hind legs, she maintained enough forearm strength to climb the side of her cage to get from one platform to another.  But between the hind leg problem and the increasing visits to the vet to trim her lower (and upper) teeth, we've been preparing ourselves for the end.  She lived longer than our other rats, so we cannot complain that we didn't have enough time with her.  It may be another month or two, but we will probably adopt pet rats again, maybe males this time.  RIP, Trixie girl. :BlueDumboSmile:   

Offline RattyRodent

Offline RattyRodent

Offline Marshall

• Speckley Dude!
I'm very sorry for your loss but happy that she was able to live a long, happy rat life with you guys.  :heart: A very beautiful girl.  :heart:

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Aww, what a lovely girl! I'm sorry for your loss. Trixie did live a good, long life!

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
What a precious face with such optimistic, bright little eyes! In the words of The Band Perry song, "If I die young": I had just enough time. Glad she passed peacefully on her own.
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline Kitsch Slapped

• Posts Too Much!
    • All About Rats
Precious little girl. May she rest easy and play hard. Very sorry to hear. Over 3 years though -thats pretty darn good. She lived a long happy life with you. :heart:
Rattitude - Hammocks & Treats
rattitudehammocks.etsy.com
youtube.com/allaboutratschannel
facebook.com/allaboutrats

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Almost as smart as a rat
I'm so sorry for your loss.  She was a beautiful girl.  She was blessed to be able to live with you and be so well cared for.
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
RatCode:  1m0f18r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline purple rat

I love her expression in those pictures!  So sorry for your loss. I'm glad she had such a long and wonderful life with you :heart:
proud mama of Spock, Merlin, Goober & Streaker

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter, Abbott & Bentley