Author Topic: My Hedgie Tower  (Read 5700 times)

Offline lindsay-poo

• AKA Elly May Clampett
My Hedgie Tower
« on: January 02, 2006, 12:32:20 AM »
This is the C&C cage that I have built for my hedgehogs. I have had a couple of different designs in the past year and a bit, but this is the one that I like the most. It's space-saving for sure and it's surprising 100% sturdy as it's also connected with zip ties to ensure that it all stays together.

Neither of my hedgehogs ever attempt to climb out. Well, actually, I can't say that... Brandy climbed out ONCE but it was only because her wheel had been removed for repair and she completely flattened her tp tube during a nightly freakout.... as long as she has her wheel and/or at least 2 tp tubes, she NEVER attempts to climb out. (Note: She is the one on the bottom level so she was completely unharmed and was found in my bedroom sound asleep.)

I line the bottoms of the cage with a sheet of vellux (though they were in the wash when I took the pic). It's very easy. Just give it a shake to remove any loose poops and food crumbs, then launch it in a laundry basket and replace with a new one. No scrubbing the cage bottom and it's helped to keep my hedgies nice and warm. I also use rubbery-type non-skid dishwashing mats under their wheels so that they can't shove them around in the night or when they are running. If there was only a simple solution for quick and easy wheel cleaning then I would be set. I hate scrubbing those poopy things. haha.

Offline DazzleMe

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Show Up For Life
    • Dazzle Me Rattery
Re: My Hedgie Tower
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 04:14:47 PM »
Thanks for pics of your C & C cage! I'm looking for some ideas for my own hedgehog. Where did you get BLUE cubes? All I can find are white and black!  I also love the storage areas underneath. That is ideal.

-Melina (& Triscuit)
-Melina & Crew

Offline lindsay-poo

• AKA Elly May Clampett
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 10:42:50 AM »
I found the blue cubes at Walmart.

I also like the storage underneath. It's very conveniant as well as it keeps the hedgehog off the floor so it's easier on my back when I bend over to clean it.

Offline Dakota

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 10:08:21 PM »
Just curious, how big are those areas?
2 cats: Timmy & Borealis
2 rats: Bayley & Hunter
1 rabbit: Rocky (bestest bunny ever!)
1 turtle: Fillmore

Offline DazzleMe

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Show Up For Life
    • Dazzle Me Rattery
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 07:20:23 PM »
Cube grids are typically 14 x 14 inches. So that would mean 28 x 28 inch cage.

-Melina
-Melina & Crew