Author Topic: Long time no see, Ghetto has a bump on his tail  (Read 262 times)

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
Long time no see, Ghetto has a bump on his tail
« on: June 22, 2017, 11:49:31 PM »
I stopped coming onto the forums for a long time. Lots of reasons yada yada.

Recently within the last month I had to help my rat Fred cross the bridge. Fred and his cagemate Ghetto are the last 2 boys that I brought with me from Tennessee when I moved to Idaho a year ago end of May.

It's been a battle even doing anything with the Ghetto or Ivan (in a different cage) right now because it doesn't seem to hit me that Fred is gone until I go to Ghetto's cage and... he's not there. So some things lapsed.

Was time to clean cage so I decided to do a full clean down wipe out and Ghetto had a suuuuuper dirty tail so I gave him a bath (he's currently in a towel in my lap drying and being warm).

I gently used this little toothbrush and scrubbed his tail gently because wow it was dirty. He had managed to get bedding stuck to his tail in one spot and that came off just fine. I thought this one spot was bedding too, but it's not.

It's also next to a little red sore. I don't know if it's an abcess, cyst, growth whathaveyou, but the spot I'm talking about is dark brownish with a little bit of white going across it. It's about the size of a fairly good sized human pimple, but on his tail. It's not super soft, but it's not hard hard I don't think.

His tail looks horrible honestly, the scales and everything just doesn't look great. His tail well... just doesn't look like I think it should be.

I'll try to see if I can add a picture, it's been so long that I'm not sure I remember how.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Long time no see, Ghetto has a bump on his tail
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:03:00 AM »

Offline happybat

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 10:37:29 AM »
Poor little guy! I can't see the picture, but if you can manage a vet, I would, just in case.

Offline Little_Vixen

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 12:34:46 PM »
I can't manage a vet at all right now after putting his cagemate down and some other things that have come up for me right now :( I'll see if I can't find another way to get the picture here

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 03:35:43 PM »

I quoted your post with the picture and saw that you just had the link to the image, so i followed the link and used the BBCode provided.

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Almost as smart as a rat
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 09:14:04 AM »
Keep the spot under observation.  It may heal, which would be great.  If it doesn't, or if it gets worse, then he'll have to go to the vet.  It's round, symmetrical, and well-defined, which as I understand it, means it's unlikely to be cancerous.  Good luck!
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
RatCode:  1m0f18r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n