Author Topic: Olli and Smoaky  (Read 455 times)

Offline TrendyK9

Olli and Smoaky
« on: February 08, 2018, 01:34:00 PM »
So i figured it was time to introduce the girls.....

Everyone, meet Olli and Smoaky! And yes, the names are intentional.

Olli is the smaller of the two, the one with the most white on her. Smoaky is the darker one with the blaze face. They're roughly 6 weeks old now, and i've had them for about two weeks. They're growing like weeds and have easily doubled in size since i got them. They're big enough to shoulder surf, finally, and they absolutely love finger wrestling.

I'm pretty sure that Olli is a double rex, which is a welcome surprise. When i got her she was definitely a rex with curly fur, but it's been thinning out like crazy as she grows. There are no signs of any skin issues like mites, she isn't itchy, they haven't even had sneezies. So... double rex?

It's been a while since i've had rats and i'm stoked to have them again. They're living in a double rat manor (i posted a thread about it) and i'm trying to litter train them. It's easier now that their poops are no longer mouse size! We'll see how it goes.

Offline gramma2jaakk

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Olli and Smoaky
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 02:39:34 PM »
They are adorable! Thank you for sharing a picture of them. <3

Offline MinervaThonosi

• Almost no idea what's going on
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »
So cute!  :heart:

I have a soft spot for curly whiskers~

Offline purple rat

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 07:17:44 PM »
they are sooooooo cute!!
proud mama of Spock & Streaker

missing my babies at the bridge: Remy, Tuck,   Neo, Crash, MRR Canadian boys Kirby & Digby, brothers Baxter & Abbott & Bentley, Goober, Merlin

Offline Been to the Mountaintop

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 12:32:11 AM »
Gorgeous!
--Best, Mountaintop--

Offline mamarat2

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratlover
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 06:00:51 PM »
 :heart:
Interested in adopting?  Check out Small Angels

www.smallangelsrescue.org

Offline TrendyK9

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 07:55:42 PM »
They've discovered hammocks!

And quick question - i'm debating wether or not Olli is a double rex. She was loosing her coat and her markings where turning lighter, but now it seems like the coat is growing back in and she's darker again? Is that a thing? She's got the curly whiskers, so i know she's at least a rex.... but the coat changing is throwing me off. I've only ever had standard coat girlies.

Offline BigBen

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattos habeo, ergo sum
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 07:56:02 PM »
They sure are cuties!  What is it about little girl rats that makes them so adorable?
What is a rat?  King-sized love in a pint-sized package.
Rat Code:  6m2f22r !B C? D+ F S-- ocA reC sM a+++ e++++ n

Offline mamarat2

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratlover
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 10:26:33 AM »
And quick question - i'm debating wether or not Olli is a double rex. She was loosing her coat and her markings where turning lighter, but now it seems like the coat is growing back in and she's darker again? Is that a thing? She's got the curly whiskers, so i know she's at least a rex.... but the coat changing is throwing me off. I've only ever had standard coat girlies.

Could just be that she was molting her baby coat and the adult coat has come in, if it continues to go through cycles then I'd say yes to the double rex; otherwise she may have just been switching to her adult coat.  :heart:
Interested in adopting?  Check out Small Angels

www.smallangelsrescue.org